OnePlus has rolled out the stable Android 10 update for OnePlus 5 and OnePlus 5T after a long run of Open Beta. In the last Open Beta 3, we saw some Camera bug fixes and improved system icons. Finally, OnePlus 5 series users will get to experience the latest Android 10 that comes with many new features and enhanced performance. It is an Oxygen based update that is favorite for most of the users. Here you get to know about stable Android 10 update for OnePlus 5 and OnePlus 5T.
Originally published on May 26th, updates are added at the end.
It’s about three years since the release OnePlus 5 series with Android 7.1.1. The phone has already received two major Android updates in the form of Android Oreo and Android Pie. And it’s great to see that OnePlus choose to provide the stable Android 10 update on its three year old device. Everyone knew that the Android 10 will arrive on OnePlus 5 & OnePlus 5T, but didn’t know we get the update at this time.
The OnePlus 5 & OnePlus 5T comes with many new Android features, and Oxygen OS features that you get to know in the changelog section. Many users have reported that they received the stable Android 10 update on OnePlus 5 and OnePlus 5T. It is a big update and comes with an update size of around 1.8 GB. The OnePlus 5 & OnePlus 5T Android 10 update comes with OxygenOS 10.0.0. It brings the latest Android 10 navigation gestures, improved security systems, System-wide Dark Mode, and other features. Below you get to know more about new features and enhancement.
OnePlus 5 & OnePlus 5T Android 10 Update – Changelog
- Upgraded to Android 10
- Brand new UI design
- Enhanced location permissions for privacy
- New customization feature in the Settings allowing you to choose icon shapes to be displayed in the Quick Settings
- Game Space
- New Game Space feature now add all your favorite games in one place for easier access and better gaming experience
- Now possible to block spam by keywords for Message (Messages – Spam – Settings – Blocking settings)
- Full Screen Gestures
- Removed back gesture from the bottom of the screen
- Added back gesture on the left and right side of the phone
- Added a bottom navigation bar to allow switching left or right for recent apps
- Electronic image stabilization currently under optimization and will be pushed in later stabler versions. Please stay tuned
How to Update OnePlus 5 & OnePlus 5T to Android 10 (OxygenOS 10.0.0)
The latest OxygenOS bring many features that we have been waiting for. So get ready to try it on your phone. Android 10 update is rolling out in batches, and few users have already received the update. It can take a few days for the Android 10 update to roll out on all the OnePlus 5 & OnePlus 5T devices. Currently, the OnePlus 5 & OnePlus 5T Android 10 update file is not available to update the device manually. So we are left with one method to get the update on your phone. Follow the below steps to check for available updates.
- First make sure that your phone has enough free space for the latest update (3-4GB).
- Open Settings in your OnePlus 5/5T phone.
- Now in Settings, go to System option.
- You will get some options, so scroll down to the end and tap on System Updates.
- It will now show the available update on your phone.
- If it doesn’t show the update then click on ‘Check for Updates’.
- Now it will show the Android 10 update, so hit Download & Install button.
- It will download and install the update. And after reboot, you can enjoy the latest Android 10 on your OnePlus 5 & 5T.
The stable Android 10 update also comes with the latest security patch. And you are going to get the activity.
Update 1: November 11
OnePlus 5 gets much-awaited OxygenOS 10.0.1 update with bug fixes. Here’s the complete changelog that you can check before updating your OnePlus 5 to the new update.
- Fixed the abnormal call recording issue
- Fixed the de-activated alarm issue when phone was powered off
- Updated Android Security Patch to 2020.09
- Updated GMS package to 2020.08
- Full Screen Gestures
- Back gesture from the bottom of the screen is available (OP5T only)
- Electronic Image Stabilization has been added, bringing you a more stable shooting experience.
In case you’re waiting for this patch, then you can use the below link to get the OTA package of OxygenOS 10.0.1 update for OnePlus 5.
- Download OnePlus 5 OxygenOS 10.0.1 Update [Full OTA]
- Download OnePlus 5 OxygenOS 10.0.1 Update [10.0.0 to 10.0.1]
You May Also Like – How to Enable 960fps Slow Motion on OnePlus 7 Pro (Stock Camera)
If you’ve any doubts regarding this article. Drop a comment in the comment section. Also, share this post on social media with your friends!
More Related Articles: