OnePlus 7 Pro is the flagship device of 2019 by OnePlus, and it comes with premium specifications. The camera setup on OnePlus 7 Pro is also impressive with the ability to capture great shots. But still, there are some flagship features missing on the OnePlus 7 Pro Stock Camera. Like the 960fps slow motion video & Macro Mode. But you can now get both features on your OnePlus 7 Pro with a small tweak. Here we will share the guide on how to enable 960fps slow motion video on OnePlus 7 Pro Stock Camera.
Recently OnePlus has secretly added the 960fps slo-mo feature to OnePlus 7T stock camera with the Open Beta 3 update. And as we know, both OnePlus 7T and OnePlus 7 Pro share same camera hardware which means we can also enable 960fps on OnePlus 7 Pro. The 960fps slow motion gives a cinematic video that looks awesome. And who doesn’t want this feature on their phones. The update enabled the slow motion, and so it may not be said to be true slow motion, but it does work. We know about the performance of OxygenOS, and its stock camera and addition of the 960fps slow motion will be like icing on the cake.
OnePlus phones fall under the premium segment, and its users deserve the Slo Motion feature. But as this feature is missing by default you have to follow some tweaks that we will share in this guide. If you have the OnePlus 7 Pro then here you are going to learn how to increase digital zoom along with 960fps slo-mo feature. Lets now jump into the guide.
How to Enable 960fps Slow Motion on OnePlus 7 Pro
Thanks to developer elmarian756 (Senior Member at XDA) for the mod guide. He has shared the guide at XDA. They are also working on Magisk Module to enable 960fps slow motion easily. But for now, you can use the XML file to get it on your OnePlus 7 Pro. There are some points that you need to follow before starting the steps.
- Make sure your phone has root access (Guide)
- Update your Stock Camera app to the latest version (3.10.17 – 3.10.19)
- It will work on both Open Beta and Stable OxygenOS
- Download Preferences Manager app
Must Check | How to Enable Always On Display on OnePlus Phones [Detailed Guide]
Steps to Enable 960fps on OnePlus 7 Pro
- First, root your OnePlus 7 Pro if not rooted. And also update your Stock Camera.
- Install the Preferences Manager app on your OnePlus 7 Pro.
- Open the Preferences Manager app, and it will ask for root permission, so click on Allow to grant permission.
- Now in the App, click on three dots on the top right and select ‘Show System Apps’.
- It will show a list of all Apps, so look for the Camera app and tap on it.
- Inside the App, you will find some configuration XML files. In CameraInfo_0.xml, tap on ‘+’ icon and select StringSet and fill below values.
- Key – Video960FpsSizes
- Value – 1280×720
- After entering the value, tap on Add. Now swipe to the left to CameraInfo_5.xml for next changes. Tap on ‘+’ and select StringSet, then enter the above Key and Value.
- That’s it now you have enabled the 960fps slow motion on OnePlus 7 Pro.
You can access the 960fps from the same slow motion section. It works, but for 1 sec and in 960fps it is nearly 4 seconds. Also, you can only record 960fps slow motion in the only 720p. In case if you get any error then try changing the Camera version. Now let’s check how you can get Macro mode. It also requires root access, so make sure to go through prerequisites given above.
Steps to Enable Macro Mode on OnePlus 7 Pro
- Open Preferences Manager app on your phone. Grant root permission if it asks.
- Tap on three dots and select ‘Show System Apps’.
- Scroll down a bit and tap on Camera option.
- It will open the list of xml file. And swipe to left until you see CameraInfo_3.xml.
- In the CameraInfo_3.xml scroll down and find IsUWMacroSupported.
- Tap on it and toggle the option from False to True.
- After changing, tap on the Update button to save.
- That’s it now you have also enabled the Macro mode on OnePlus 7 Pro.
To access the Macro mode open your Stock Camera and on the top right corner, you will see a leaf icon which is the Macro mode. You may not get good Macro shots like OnePlus 7 T Pro, OnePlus 8 or any other superior device, because it lacks the hardware and it is just a software tweak. Anyway, you can enjoy both features, especially the Slo Motion that is going to amaze you.
You May Also Like | Download Google Camera 6.1 for OnePlus 7 & 7 Pro (Updated)
So there you have it the complete guide on how to enable 960fps on OnePlus 7 Pro. For more OnePlus guides stay connected to YTECHB. And if you have any questions, let us know in the comment section below.