Yesterday, Google announced its newest Android OS, which is dubbed as Android 11 (R). Every smartphone OEM is painstakingly working to release Android 11 beta for their devices. Oppo and Xiaomi have already promised to release an Android 11 update for selected phones. Now the news comes out that OnePlus has released Android 11 Beta for OnePlus 8 and OnePlus 8 Pro. If you own an OnePlus 8 series device and want to update your smartphone to the latest OS. Here’s the detailed guide by which you can update OnePlus 8 (Pro) to Android 11 Beta.
Though, OnePlus has released beta builds of Android 11 for both OnePlus 8 and OnePlus 8 Pro. But the company kicks off the very first beta build as a developer preview update. OnePlus also mentioned that this release has some stability issues, you can find the complete list of known bugs in the next section. PS: We didn’t recommend flashing these builds on your primary phone. But if you’re eagerly waiting for the Android 11 update then you can sideload it on your OnePlus 8 series device.
Talking about the features, then the OnePlus 8 Android 11 Beta Update brings new power menu, notifications bubble, resize PiP videos sport, new icon shapes, enhanced security, and much more. Simply put, it has all the essential features that we’ve seen in the Android 11. The update weighs a whopping 2.6GB download size. Before heading over to the installation section, here you can check the OnePlus 8 series Android 11 Beta update known issues.
OnePlus 8 & OnePlus 8 Pro Android 11 Update – Known Issues
- All data will be cleared while flashing the build
- Face unlock is unavailable
- Google Assistant (“OK Google”) does not work
- Video calling does not work
- Certain UI screens look less than desirable
- Some apps may not function as expected
- System stability issues
Download Android 11 Beta Update for OnePlus 8 and OnePlus 8 Pro
This is not an airborne update, this is a beta build which can be downloaded manually. You can use the below-listed download links of Android 11 Beta builds. There’s a risk of bricking the device so make sure to take a complete backup of all data. You can also revert back to the stable build. Here are the links of both Android 11 Beta builds and the previous stable build.
Download Android 11 Beta Update for OnePlus 8 & OnePlus 8 Pro
Download Android 10 Stable for OnePlus 8
Download Android 10 Stable for OnePlus 8 Pro
- Take a full backup of your phone
- Charge your phone to at least 50%
- We request you to follow the steps carefully so that you can successfully update your phone without any harm.
How to Install Android 11 Beta on OnePlus 8 (Pro)
- First, you need to download the Android 11 Beta build from the afore-listed download links.
- Now copy the package to your phone’s storage (outside of every folder).
- Then, head over to the system settings > system updates > click on the hover icon available on the top right corner > local upgrade > select the file.
- All done, restart your device.
- That’s it.
Now you can start using your OnePlus 8 or OnePlus 8 Pro running on Android 11 developer preview aka Android 11 beta update. If you’re facing any issues, then you can revert back to the previous stable build, you can download the build file from the afore-listed links. That’s it.
You May Also Like – Download Google Camera for OnePlus 8 Pro
If you’ve any queries, then you can leave a comment in the comment section. Also, share this article with your friends.
More Related Articles: