After trailing the flagship-killer tagline behind, the company has launched its next-generation smartphones, dubbed as OnePlus 8 and OnePlus 8 Pro. The real-flagship dawns a super-smooth display, wireless charging, IP68 water resistance, along with improved cameras. OnePlus 8 knocks up the market with the triple-lens camera setup, while its bigger brother is billing with a quadruple-camera setup. One of the main highlights of the smartphone is its camera, which can be further enhanced with the help of the Google Camera app (from Pixel 4). Here you can Download Google Camera for OnePlus 8 and OnePlus 8 Pro.
Google Camera for OnePlus 8 Pro [GCam 7.3]
The camera is one of the biggest areas of improvement over the previously launched OnePlus 7. In terms of optics, the OnePlus 8 Pro dons a 48-megapixel main camera sensor along with an 8MP telephoto camera, 48MP ultrawide-angle-lens, and 5MP color filter camera. As a default, the camera app captures 12MP binned images, but you can capture full 48MP shots, thanks to the 4-to-1 pixel binning technology. The default camera app on OnePlus phones performs well in most conditions, but in low-light conditions, the Google Camera app is way better than the stock camera app.
The Google Camera app is one of the best alternatives to the stock camera app. Luckily, there are a slew number of developers available, who port the app to work with newly launched phones. Fortuitously, the GCam mod is now available for OnePlus 8 and OnePlus 8 Pro. Talking about the features then, the port has support for astrophotography mode, night sight mode, PhotoSphere, Slow Motion, Playground (AR Stickers), RAW support, HDR+ mode, Panorama, Lens Blur, Portrait mode (with Focus Slider), Google Lens mode & few more. Here’s how to download & Install GCam on OnePlus 8 & 8 Pro.
Download Google Camera for OnePlus 8 (Pro)
As we’ve mentioned earlier, the camera gets a huge update in comparison with the previously launched OnePlus phones. So, you can sideload the GCam app to get full of its quadruple-camera setup. This time, the app has ported by, UltraM8 (while, the information about this port has shared by XDA TV host (MaxWinebach) on its twitter handle, to work with other phones. Fortunately, It works on OnePlus 8 Pro. While, the vanilla OnePlus 8 supports the latest port by Urnyx05. Here’s the download link.
- Download Google Camera for OnePlus 8 (GCam_7.3.018_Urnyx05-v1.8.apk)
- Download GCam for OnePlus 8 Pro (UltraCVM_v4.apk)
After downloading the app, download the configs file from the next section which will make the app work smoother.
For UltraCVM_v4.apk & GCam_7.3.018_Urnyx05-v1.8.apk
- After downloading the configs file for your OnePlus 8 or 8 Pro.
- Head over to the file manager and create a new folder called, GCam.
- Open GCam folder and create one more folder with configs7 name.
- Now paste the config file inside the configs7 folder.
- Once done, Open the Google Camera app and double tap on the black blank area placed next to the shutter button.
- Tap on the settings shown, available in the popup & press the restore button.
- Go back to the app drawer and then open the app again.
You can check the comparison between the stock camera app and google camera app, here.
Now for OnePlus 8 Pro. First with GCam, second stock. pic.twitter.com/o5oajZ5Hyz
— Max Weinbach (@MaxWinebach) May 15, 2020
How to Install Google Camera on OnePlus 8 (Pro)
- At first download the app from above-listed links.
- After downloaded, head over to the settings then enable the Unkown Sources.
- Now Install the Google Camera.
- Once done, open the app and allow the app permissions if any needed.
- That’s it.
Note: Before Installing the new Gcam Mod ported app, make sure to delete the older version (if you’ve installed). This is not a stable version of Google Camera, so it may have some bugs.
All done. Start capturing blazing and great photos directly from your OnePlus 8 and OnePlus 8 Pro.
You May Also Like – How to Root OnePlus 8 Pro [Guide]
If you’ve any query, drop a comment down in the comment box. You can also join us (YTECHB) on Telegram for updates. Also, share this article with your friends.
More Related Articles: