Redmi K20 is the base variant of K20 series which is also introduced as Mi 9T in some regions. Both smartphones share the same features including Kernel, it means same TWRP Recovery will work on both phones. Here you can download & Install TWRP on Redmi K20 / Mi 9T.
TWRP is a popular custom recovery which is way better than any Stock recovery. So if you want to switch to a custom recovery then this guide provide you the working method. No need to compromise with some features if you want more features like you not receive OTA updates. But don’t worry you can always manually install OTA updates. The pro version Redmi K20 has already received TWRP Recovery, here’s the guide to install it.
TWRP Recovery has features like instant rooting, installing Custom ROMs & Custom Kernels, Storage partitioning, and much more. So if you are one of the users who like to try different custom ROMs on their device then TWRP Recovery is a must to have. Alternative other custom recoveries can be used as well. Check out the Redmi K20 / Mi 9T features which makes it a great phone.
Redmi K20 / Mi 9T – Specifications
The device has a 6.39-inch AMOLED display with FHD+ (1080×2340 pixels) resolution. Out of the box, the device runs on Android 9 Pie and soon it will receive next updates. It is powered with Qualcomm Snapdragon 730 processor with integrated Adreno 618 GPU. The Mi 9T coupled with 6GB RAM & 64GB/128GB storage whereas the Redmi K20 comes with 6GB/8GB RAM and 64GB/128GB/256GB storage options.
Talking about its camera, the phone has a triple rear camera setup of 48 Megapixel, 8 Megapixel, and 13 Megapixel sensors. And at front, the phone has a 20 Megapixel selfie camera. It boasts with a 4000mAh battery and supports fast charging.
Now let’s begin the step by step guide to install TWRP Recovery on Mi 9T or Redmi K20 smartphone. We will first start by downloading the twrp recovery.
Download TWRP Recovery for Redmi K20 / Mi 9T
Here I would like to credit LR Team for providing an early build of TWRP Recovery. The team is known for its amazing work of releasing TWRP recovery before even the phone goes live in all regions.
How to Install TWRP on Mi 9T / Redmi K20
Once you have downloaded the TWRP Recovery for Mi 9T or Redmi K20, you are ready to install it on your phone. First complete the pre-requirements which includes necessary drivers and files.
- Take a full backup of data (To restore if anything goes wrong)
- Make sure bootloader is unlocked
- Charge your phone to at least 50%
- Install ADB & Fastboot drivers on PC
- Download Platform tools
- Make sure to follow the exact procedure to avoid bricking the device
Steps to Install TWRP Recovery on Mi 9T / Redmi K20
- Completely power off your phone.
- Long press Volume Up + Power button together to boot into Fastboot Mode.
- Connect your Mi 9T / Redmi K20 to PC while in Fastboot Mode.
- Extract the Platform tools zip file and open the extracted folder.
- Copy the recovery-TWRP-3.3.1-0607-REDMI_K20-CN-wzsx150.img to the extracted folder and rename it to recovery.img.
- In platform tools folder press Shift + Right click on an empty area and select ‘Open PowerShell window here’ or ‘Open Command window here’.
- In command window enter the below command to check the device connectivity
- Now enter the below command to install TWRP on Redmi K20 / Mi 9T
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
- After flashing TWRP Recovery long press Volume Down + Power button to boot the phone into TWRP Recovery.
- In TWRP Recovery the default language will be Chinese so if you want English then you need to change it from settings. Go to Settings then Global icon and select English.
- Done reboot to the System and Enjoy.
So this is the simplest method to install TWRP Recovery on Mi 9T or Redmi K20. As of now, the official TWRP Recovery is not available but as soon as it will be available we will update the link. I hope you got the TWRP on your phone & Enjoy.