Xiaomi has just pushed the MIUI 10.3.2 based Android Pie Stable Update on Redmi 6 Pro. Redmi 6 Pro is one of the best budget phones of the year 2018 and Ever since the phone launch, the users are waiting for the Pie. While the phone was launched last year, running on Android Oreo. Now gets the Android Pie update with the latest May security patch. Here’s the step by step manual guide to download & install Redmi 6 Pro Android Pie update (MIUI 10.3.2 based stable).
Xiaomi is doing a great job in providing the new software updates to their old phones. The Android Pie 9.0 update brings the most anticipated features, “system-wide Dark Mode”. Not only this, it includes other features like Navigation Gestures, redesigned Mi Cloud homepage, and some other improvements. Some users have been facing the issue of displaying incorrect notification badge information. According to the Mi Community forum, the issue has been fixed.
Not only this, this is an Android Pie 9.0 update, which means, it also brings features like Adaptive brightness and Adaptive battery features. You can also enable digital wellbeing on your Redmi 6 Pro. The update carries the build number/version of V10.3.2.0 PDMMIXM, and it is size around 1.58GB (Recovery ROM) and 2.0GB (Fastboot ROM). Let’s take a look on the full changelog and then download the firmware for your Redmi 6 Pro.
Redmi 6 Pro MIUI 10.3.2 – Changelog
- Android 9.0 Pie update
- Fix: Sync page couldn’t be refreshed whenever sync was turned on or off in the Notification shade
- Optimization: Updated Android Security Patch to May 2019. Increased system security.
- Fix: Notification badges were displayed incorrectly on the WhatsApp icon
Lock screen, status bar, Notification shade
- Fix: Low battery warning didn’t appear in landscape mode
- Fix: LED light didn’t blink when the battery was low
- New: You can restrict opening Notification shade on the Lock screen now
- Optimization: redesigned Mi Cloud’s start page. It looks now.
- Fix: Status bar shortcut and floating notification for calls appeared at the same time
- Fix: Ending calls took longer time than expected
Download Redmi 6 Pro Android Pie Update (Global Stable ROM)
This is an OTA (over the air) based update, which will roll out in batches if you’re in a hurry you can simply download the recovery ROM for your phone, from the below download links. The update brings the May 2019 latest security patch, new features, and a lot of improvements. So, download V10.3.2.0 PDMMIXM firmware and follow the instructions carefully.
- Download Redmi 6 Pro Android Pie Update (Recovery ROM) – Preferred
- Download Redmi 6 Pro Android Pie Update (Fastboot ROM)
- Make sure to charge your phone’s battery to at least 50%
- Backup your data, in case of failures, so you can recover it
How to Update Redmi 6 Pro to Android Pie 9.0
- First, download the Android Pie Stable ROM (Recovery ROM) for your phone from the above link.
- Transfer the downloaded stable ROM on your Phone.
- Open Settings on your phone.
- Go to About Phone > System Update.
- Click on MIUI 10 icon about 10 times, it will add extra options for the update.
- Click on three dots at top right corner.
- Go to Choose update package and select the Android Pie stable ROM file.
- It will unpack the file automatically and ask you to Reboot. So click on update and reboot option.
- It will now power off your device and start updating the phone.
- That’s it.
After rebooting the phone, you can start using the Redmi 6 Pro on Android Pie 9.0.
You May Also Like – Best MIUI Themes for Xiaomi Phones
If you’re facing any issue, while updating the phone, then you can leave the comments in the comment section. Also, share this article with your friends.
More Related Articles: