WhatsApp Messenger is one of the best instant messaging apps. It offers several useful tools and features, with one being the ability to set custom wallpaper and notification alert tone for individual conversation or group chat.
It is a great tool for users who don’t want to miss a single notification from friends family or loved ones. Whenever you receive a message from a particular contact you can easily recognize it without unlocking your iPhone and promptly reply to prioritize users. In this guide, I will tell you how you can set a custom notification alert tone for individual contacts in WhatsApp on iPhone.
It’s always good to be updated on the latest version of WhatsApp, but, the feature is also available on the older versions, so, everyone can take advantage of this feature. Now let’s take a look at the steps on how you can assign a special alert tone to any contact in WhatsApp.
How to Assign a Special Alert Tone to Any Contact on WhatsApp
By default, the alert tone for all contacts and conversations in WhatsApp is the same, it is “Note” if you are running on iOS 16 or older or “Rebound” for iOS 17 and newer versions. You can change the default notification sound in Settings after updating your iPhone to iOS 17.2.
Now you know about the default alert tone WhatsApp uses for all conversations and chats, let’s take a look at the steps on how you can assign a separate tone for each conversation.
- Open WhatsApp on your iPhone.
- Go to the Chat or Conversation for which you want to assign a different alert tone.
- Tap on the Contact name at the top.
- Now Select Wallpaper & Sound option.
- Under the Custom Tone section, select Alert Tone and choose the notification tone that you want to assign for the contact.
- Tap Save at the top right corner.
- That’s it.
Now whenever you receive a message from a particular contact you can easily recognize without unlocking your iPhone, that this person has sent you a new message.
You can follow the same steps to assign different tones to other contacts and even for group chats. If you still have any query in your mind, leave a comment in the comment box. Also, share this article with your friends.
- Google is Ending Unlimited Backups for WhatsApp: What to Do Now?
- How to use same WhatsApp account on Android and iPhone
- How to Pin Messages in any Chat on WhatsApp
- How to Send View Once Voice Messages on WhatsApp
- How to Send Photos as Document in WhatsApp on iPhone [New Method]
- How to Add Secret Codes to Your Locked Chats on WhatsApp
- How to Chat with the Meta AI Chatbot on WhatsApp
- How to Use Multiple Accounts on WhatsApp [Android]