Meta is doing great these days with its WhatsApp Messenger. The social media giant, Meta, recently introduced a feature that lets users share high-quality photos by adding a new HD option on the preview page. Earlier the feature was limited to the photos taken from the camera.
Now, the company has rolled out a new upgrade for WhatsApp Messenger that lets users easily share any photo or video as a document from the Photos app. There’s no need to save the photo in the Files app and then share it as a document, you can now select the photo directly from the gallery and share it in its original quality.
If you want to know how you can get this new WhatsApp feature on your iPhone, read on to know all details and instructions.
This week, WhatsApp Messenger on iPhone received a big upgrade, seeding with 23.25.0 version number. This new update comes with four new features that include a new way to send photos in original quality, an option to quickly react to status using six emoji avatars, start a voice chat without ringing in a large group, and a new bubble indicator for calls.
If you are on the older version of WhatsApp on your iPhone, then you should download and install the new update from the App Store.
Why and When to Use Send as Document for Photos on WhatsApp?
Whenever we share a photo or video on WhatsApp, it automatically gets compressed which leads to quality loss. You can select the HD sharing option for photos taken from the iPhone’s camera, but what if you want to share a screenshot or any other photo in its original quality, then you can utilize the “Send as Document” option. As it gets even better, you can easily choose any photo or video from the Photos app, instead of the Files app.
Now let’s take a look at the steps on how you can send photos as documents in WhatsApp on iPhone.
How to Send Photos as Documents in WhatsApp on iPhone
First things first, make sure you have installed WhatsApp Messenger (v.23.25.0) on your iPhone. If you are already on the newest version of WhatsApp, you can follow these steps and start sharing photos and videos in their original quality.
- Open WhatsApp on your iPhone.
- Go to the chat in which you want to share a photo or video in its original quality.
- Select the “+” icon at the bottom left corner.
- Tap the Send as Document option.
- Select Choose Photo or Video option.
- Now choose the photo or video that you want to share and tap the Send button.
- That’s it.
The feature is limited to the latest version of WhatsApp and will not work if you are on the older version, so make sure to install the new update from the App Store. If you’ve installed WhatsApp Beta, then you may have already noticed this change, it was available for beta testers for a month now.
If you have any doubts or queries, leave a comment in the box. Also, share this article with your friends.
- How to Add Secret Codes to Your Locked Chats on WhatsApp
- How to Chat with the Meta AI Chatbot on WhatsApp
- WhatsApp gets AI-Powered Chat Shortcuts with Latest Beta Update
- How to Use Multiple Accounts on WhatsApp [Android]
- How to Record WhatsApp Calls [Both Audio and Video]
- How to Send High Quality Photos in WhatsApp on iPhone and Android
- How to Send Instant Video Messages on WhatsApp
- How to Enable High Quality Uploads in WhatsApp