If we take a look at messaging platforms, there are numerous out there. WhatsApp is one of the best social media platforms to communicate with friends and family, no matter what device they are using. It also lets us communicate between Android and iPhones.
Nowadays many users have both Android and iPhone. If you also have both devices, you may want to use apps on both devices with the same account. While it is quite easy to download apps on both devices and sign-in with the same credentials. But it does not work on apps like WhatsApp.
So how to use the same WhatsApp account on Android and iPhone or other devices if it doesn’t let users sign-in with the same number on two devices. Well there is an official way to use one WhatsApp account on both your Android and iOS devices. WhatsApp brought this feature that many users, including myself can finally be making use of. The ability to use the same WhatsApp account on two or even more different devices.
Meta has made a lot of improvements to its messaging platform WhatsApp in the last few years. One of the major improvements is for WhatsApp Web. Earlier WhatsApp Web worked only if the device with the main WhatsApp account had internet access. But now WhatsApp Web works as standalone. And this makes it possible to use the same WhatsApp account on multiple devices.
How to use Same WhatsApp Account on Multiple Devices
The new feature that lets you use the same WhatsApp account on multiple devices is called Companion mode. Here we will be using the same method to explain how you can use same WhatsApp account on iPhone and Android phone.
If Android is your Primary phone:
- First make sure to log into your WhatsApp account in your Android phone.
- Now download and install WhatsApp on iPhone from App Store.
- Open the app on your iPhone and tap Agree and Continue.
- Now when it asks to enter number, do not enter the number but tap the three dots at the corner.
- Choose Link as Companion Device. It will show a QR code.
- Now open WhatsApp on your Android phone then tap three dots at the top right corner followed by Linked Devices.
- Tap on Link a Device and scan the code on the other device.
- Once scanned you will see all you WhatsApp chats on your iPhone.
You can now use same WhatsApp account on your iPhone even when your Android phone is not connected to Internet. It will stay logged in until you remove the linked device from WhatsApp settings on Android phone.
If iPhone is your Primary phone:
- Make sure you are logged in to your WhatsApp account on iPhone.
- Install WhatsApp on Android and Open it.
- When it ask for mobile number, tap the three dots and choose Link as Companion Device. And it will display a QR Code.
- Open WhatsApp on iPhone and go to Settings > Linked Devices.
- Next tap Link a Device and then scan the QR code.
- All your WhatsApp chats will load on your Android.
That’s it! You can now enjoy same WhatsApp account on your both Android and iPhone. It is an effortless process, all thanks to this WhatsApp web feature. This way you can link more devices.
Meta has also made it easy to transfer WhatsApp from Android to iPhone. But if you are keeping both phone, then using the linked device feature is easy.
I hope you are now able to use same WhatsApp account on multiple devices. If you have any other query, you can check the FAQs below.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does WhatsApp work in real-time on both phones?
Yes, all devices logged in with the same account will show messages in real time. For example, if you send a message to someone from one device, the same will reflect on other devices at the same time.
Do I need both phones to connect to the Internet?
No, you only need the internet on the device on which you are using WhatsApp during that time. Also, you can connect to the Internet using any method WiFi or using Carrier Network.
Do I need SIM Card on the second phone to use the same WhatsApp account?
No, The second phone does not need to have a SIM Card of the same number or any SIM Card at all. The second phone only requires Internet using WiFi or a Cell network.