WhatsApp has been ramping up its platform by rolling out features that make it suitable for millions of users. We recently saw that WhatsApp repealed the meta AI chatbot you can use in group conversations. Now, did you know that you can easily lock your chats on WhatsApp using your secret code?
Yes, WhatsApp has rolled out a new update to its platform that now lets you enter a secret code to unlock your chats. Previously, the only way to unlock your chats on WhatsApp was by using your fingerprint. Now that has changed and with the secret code, you can always stay relaxed knowing that no one can look into your locked chats.
Want to know how you can set up the secret code for your locked chats? You’ve come to the right place.
How to Use Secret Codes to Locked Chats in WhatsApp
Locking and keeping your chats safe, secure, and private is always important. Nobody likes anyone peeking into someone’s private chats.
To make things even more secure and personal, WhatsApp now lets you add your secret code to lock your chats. Once you have entered the code, only then the chats will be unlocked for you. For this to work you will need to have your WhatsApp chats locked.
Lock Your WhatsApp Chats
To make use of the secret code, you will have to first lock up your WhatsApp chats. You can choose any type of conversation to be locked. It can be a group chat, a personal one-to-one chat, or, it could simply be the chat that you use to send messages to yourself.
- First off, open the chat that you wish to lock.
- Now, at the top of the chat screen, tap on the name of the person.
- On this screen at the bottom, you will see the Chat Lock option. Make sure to tap on the toggle to switch it on.
- A prompt will now appear on your screen telling you about keeping your chats secure.
- For now, you will have to use your fingerprint to unlock your locked chats.
Enable Secret Code For Locked Chats On WhatsApp
Now that you have locked your chats using the Chat Lock feature on WhatsApp, it is time to set up the secret code for your WhatsApp chat. Here are the steps that you need to follow.
- Open up WhatsApp. On the main chats screen, you will see the Locked Chats option. Tap on it.
- You will have to use your fingerprint to unlock the Locked Chats.
- On the screen where you see all your locked chats, tap on the three dots menu at the top right corner.
- Tap on the Chat Lock settings from the menu that comes up.
- You should now see the Secret Chats option. Tap on it.
- A text box will now be displayed.
- You can either enter a word or simply use a single emoji as your secret code to lock your WhatsApp chats.
- You will be asked to enter the secret code again. Once that has been done, your locked chats will now require you to enter the secret code every time you open up the chat.
- WhatsApp will let you choose to either use your fingerprint to unlock the chat or the secret code. You have the freedom to choose whichever you like.
This concludes the guide on how you can make use of these code features to lock your chats on WhatsApp The feature is currently available to limited users, but should soon be rolling out to all users on Android as well as iOS devices in the coming days.
- How to Chat with the Meta AI Chatbot on WhatsApp
- WhatsApp gets AI-Powered Chat Shortcuts with Latest Beta Update
- 60+ Best WhatsApp Tips and Tricks for iPhone and Android
- How to Use Multiple Accounts on WhatsApp [Android]
- How to Record WhatsApp Calls [Both Audio and Video]
- How to Send High Quality Photos in WhatsApp on iPhone and Android
- How to Send Instant Video Messages on WhatsApp
- How to Enable High Quality Uploads in WhatsApp
- How To Send Large Files on WhatsApp [Android, iOS, and PC]