In September, Meta, the company behind popular messaging service, Whatsapp announced that it would be integrating Meta AI into the app. Fast forwarding a few months from September, it can be seen that Meta AI is now available as a chatbot that can be added to group conversations on WhatsApp. Yes, you can use Meta AI to help with various queries in your group chats.
The best part about being able to use Meta AI on WhatsApp so that it will work for the Android, iOS, and Windows versions of the app. Also, if you use WhatsApp via a web browser, you will be able to use Meta AI. so, without wasting any more time, let’s take a look at how you can chat and use Meta AI within WhatsApp.
How to Use Meta AI Chatbot on WhatsApp
Before we dig into the steps of how you can make use of the Meta AI chatbot within WhatsApp, you need to understand that this feature is currently limited to select users in various regions across the globe. Meta is currently in the trial and test mode for the Meta AI chatbot.
So it will be some time till all users get access to Meta AI’s chatbot within their group conversations. Alo as of now, the Meta AI chatbot will only work in English. We could expect other languages to follow suit as and when the feature is made available globally.
There are certain things that you need to keep in mind to be able to use the Meta AI chatbot. Do note that this feature is available to a select number of users. So not everyone who follows these steps will be guaranteed to use the Meta AI chatbot.
- A beta version of WhatsApp for Android and iOS
- WhatsApp for Windows via Microsoft Store
- English as the default device language
- WhatsApp Web logged into your favorite web browser.
Now let’s take a look at the steps on how you can make use of the Meta AI chatbot in group conversations within WhatsApp. The best part of all is that the process is the same regardless of what platform, app, or browser you use.
- First off, launch WhatsApp and open the group chat that you wish to make use of the Meta IA chatbot.
- Now, in the text field, simply type the @ symbol and click or tap on the Meta AI option.
- You will be asked to accept the terms and conditions and other privacy policies that come with using the Meta AI chatbot.
- Now, you simply type in the prompt of your choice that you want to task the Meta AI chatbot.
- Tap on the send icon to send your prompt.
- Within a few seconds, you will see the Meta AI chatbot respond to the prompt that you just sent in the group chat.
Reply To Meta AI Chatbot
Apart from just sending in prompts and viewing responses from the Meta AI chatbot, you can also reply to the chatbot with ease. Here is how you can do that.
- Simply swipe right or right-click on the message that has been sent to the group chat by the Meta AI chatbot.
- Type in whatever message you would like to send to the Meta AI chatbot.
- Click or tap on the Send message icon.
What Can Meta’s AI Chatbot Do Right Now?
Since the Meta AI chatbot is being tested with a limited number of people across select regions, here are a few things that the chatbot can respond to.
- You can ask it various types of questions
- Get helpful answers and recommendations
- Talk about various interests.
While it has limited functionality, for the time being, we can expect the chatbot to perform more functions as and when the chatbot is geared for a global release.
Do note that using inappropriate language can result in the chatbot service being no longer usable by you in any group chat that you are added to as it will classify the user as someone who has violated their terms and conditions regarding the usage of the chatbot.
This concludes everything you need to know on how you can access and make use of the Meta AI chatbot within WhatsApp. Yes, the feature is being tested out hence the limited availability across users and regions. We hope to see this feature get a wider global rollout early next year where you will be able to chat with many other AI chatbots that are generated by Meta itself.
Do you think there is a need to have an AI chatbot for your messaging services? Let us know your thoughts in the comments section below.
- WhatsApp gets AI-Powered Chat Shortcuts with Latest Beta Update
- 60+ Best WhatsApp Tips and Tricks for iPhone and Android
- How to Use Multiple Accounts on WhatsApp [Android]
- How to Record WhatsApp Calls [Both Audio and Video]
- How to Send High Quality Photos in WhatsApp on iPhone and Android
- How to Send Instant Video Messages on WhatsApp
- How to Enable High Quality Uploads in WhatsApp
- How To Send Large Files on WhatsApp [Android, iOS, and PC]