Apple today dropped a substantial iOS upgrade for the iPhone. Yes, I am talking about the iOS 17.2. The upgrade boasts a flurry of new features and enhancements. Notable additions in iOS 17.2 include the new Journal app, a Translate option for the Action Button, and Spatial Video Recording. Moreover, enhancements like the ability to change the default notification sound further improve the user experience.
If you want to know how you can change the default notification sound on iPhone running on iOS 17.2, then you are in the right place. Read on to know all details.
In iOS 17, Apple changed the default notification tone called ‘Rebound,’ replacing the old tone, ‘Note.’ Many people complain about this change on social media. Responding to user feedback, Apple has finally added an option that allows users to customize their notification sounds.
Prior to the iOS 17.2 release, there was no way to change notification tone or sound on iPhone. Apple finally made the right move and let users change the sound of alerts of their own choice. You can now change the notification sound for all incoming notifications including texts, third-party app alerts, mail alerts, calendar alerts, and more.
Now let’s take a look at the steps on how you can change the notification sound on your iPhone.
How to Change Notification Tone on iPhone Running on iOS 17.2 or Later
First things first, you need to update your iPhone to the iOS 17.2 or later version. Once you are on the latest software, you can change the incoming notifications alerts sound. Here are the steps.
- Open Settings on your iPhone.
- Tap Sound & Haptics.
- Find Default Alerts and tap on it.
- Now choose any notification sound you want, you can select Note if you want the same tone as available on iOS 16.
- That’s it.
You can also change the Haptics feedback for Default Alerts. Apart from the default alerts, you can change the notifications sound for Calendar Alerts, Reminder Alerts, New Mail, and Sent Mail.
If you still have any query, then leave a comment in the comment box. Also, share this article with your friends.
- 10 Tips to Improve Battery Life on iPhone [iOS 17]
- How to Send Photos as Document in WhatsApp on iPhone
- How to Assign Multiple Actions to Action Button on iPhone 15 Pro
- How to Customize the Action Button on iPhone 15 Pro
- Super Tip: Get iPhone 15’s Action Button on any iPhone
- How to Setup eSIM on iPhone 15 and 15 Pro
- How to Use iPhone 15’s Portrait with Focus and Depth Control on Older iPhones
- 10 Tips to Preserve iPhone Battery Health
- How to Choose Album for Photo Shuffle on iPhone Lock Screen
- Does the iPhone 15 have an Action Button?