Meta is doing good these days with its instant messaging app, WhatsApp. The social media tech titan now introduces a new feature for WhatsApp, letting users pin any message in one-on-one and group conversations. The feature is already available to some users, here’s how you can pin messages on WhatsApp.
Meta says the user can pin one message to the top of the chat, by default the message will stay pinned for seven days, but you can change that to 24 hours or 30 days. A simple tap on the pinned chat helps you navigate to the message in the conversation.
For the time being, the new feature is available to select users, and should be available to everyone in a matter of time. You can pin any message, including a poll, a photo, a video, an important alert, or something else, all these can be done easily inside any conversation.
Now let’s take a look at the steps on how you can pin any message in WhatsApp conversations.
How to Pin Any Message in WhatsApp Conversations
Needless to say, you need to update WhatsApp to the newest version available on the Google Play Store or Apple App Store. Although the feature is available to everyone, if you are on the beta version of WhatsApp, then you may have already received this feature. Here’s how you can pin any message in WhatsApp.
- Open WhatsApp on your smartphone or desktop.
- Select the conversation (one-on-one or group) in which you want to pin a message.
- Follow these steps to pin any message.
- On Android: Tap and hold the message, then tap the three dots icon at the top right corner and select the Pin Message option. Now set the pin duration for the message.
- On iPhone: Tap and hold the message, then tap More options, choose Pin and set Pin duration.
- On Desktop: Tap the drop-down icon for the message you want to pin, then select the Pin Message option and set the pin duration.
- That’s it.
If for some reason you want to unpin a message, you can easily do it by holding the message and select unpin.
For Group Conversations, by default only Admins can pin a message in the group, but you can change the settings under group settings.
If you still have any query, then leave a comment in the comment box. Also, share this article with your friends.