View Once is one of the best privacy features on WhatsApp. Till now, the privacy feature is limited to photos and videos. Meta has also decided to expand the View Once functionality to voice messages. Yes, you can finally send audio messages that will disappear once listened to by the recipient.
The privacy feature is already available on both Android and iPhone, read on to learn how you can use the view once for voice messages.
Whether you want to share your credit card information or any other sensitive information, you can mark your voice message as a view once. Your message will be labeled with the “one-time” icon and disappear once listened to. Meta said, the feature is in the rollout phase and will be available to everyone globally in the coming days.
We have the feature available on both Android and iPhone and will share a step-by-step tutorial you can follow and send voice messages with more privacy.
How to Send View Once Audio Messages in WhatsApp
Usually, Meta tests this kind of feature to the beta testers first, but, this time the feature is available on the public version of WhatsApp. One thing to keep in mind is, you need to update WhatsApp to the newest version available on the App Store or Play Store. Once done, you can follow these steps to know how you can send voice messages with the view once enabled.
- Open WhatsApp on your iPhone or Android smartphone.
- Go to the Chat in which you want to send a voice message.
- Now Tap and Hold the microphone icon at the bottom right corner and swipe it up to lock.
- Select the small view once icon above the send button.
- When you are done with recording, simply tap the send button.
- That’s it.
Once you send a view once voice message, you won’t be able to view it again. Keep in mind that, the recipient will need to open the view once message within 14 days of it being sent. Otherwise, it will expire from the chat.
If you have any doubts or queries, leave a comment in the box. Also, share this article with your friends.
- How to Send Photos as Document in WhatsApp on iPhone
- How to Add Secret Codes to Your Locked Chats on WhatsApp
- How to Chat with the Meta AI Chatbot on WhatsApp
- WhatsApp gets AI-Powered Chat Shortcuts with Latest Beta Update
- How to Use Multiple Accounts on WhatsApp [Android]
- How to Record WhatsApp Calls [Both Audio and Video]
- How to Send High Quality Photos in WhatsApp on iPhone and Android
- How to Send Instant Video Messages on WhatsApp
- How to Enable High Quality Uploads in WhatsApp