Microsoft is one of the popular smartphone brands in India. And last year the OEM started a new IN series with IN Note 1 and IN 1b. I still remember those old days when Micromax was the best for custom developments. We hope those times come again for Micromax with the new Series. Luckily Micromax once again opens the door for custom development by allowing unlocking the bootloader. Here you will know how to root Micromax IN Note 1 and how to unlock bootloader of Micromax IN Note 1.
Micromax IN Note 1 is a budget phone that comes with some impressive features. Some of these amazing features include a 6.67-inch FHD+ display. It also comes with a MediaTek Helio G85 processor. It is available in 4GB RAM along with 64GB/128GB storage options. Camera modules on this device are also impressive that include 48MP + 5MP + 2MP + 2MP camera setup. At the front, it has a 16MP selfie camera.
Micromax in note 1 runs on Android 10 with the stock Android UI. Since it offers a stock experience, you may not be able to customize as per your preference. In this case, you can root Micromax In Note 1 to get advanced features and customization. And as Micromax allows users to unlock bootloader of Micromax IN Note 1, it makes the root process possible.
How to Root Micromax IN Note 1
Rooting an Android phone allows users to experience features that are not available by default. Micromax has a great history of aftermarket development. In the past few years, we haven’t seen any impressive phones from Micromax. But for a comeback Micromax released in series to compete with other available phones. And rooting such popular phones will let you enjoy custom fonts, custom boot animation, third-party themes, and more. Here we will also share how you can unlock bootloader of IN Note 1 with the root guide.
Micromax IN Note 1 Unlock Bootloader
If you know about the bootloader, then you probably know the default status of any device bootloader that is locked by default. And Micromax phones also come with locked bootloader that restricts users from rooting their phones. But luckily Micromax has shared an official method for unlocking bootloader which you can follow to unlock bootloader of Micromax IN Note 1. You can follow the below guide to unlock bootloader of IN Note 1.
- First take a full backup of your Micromax phone, as unlocking bootloader will erase all the data on the device. Also update your device to the latest version.
- On your phone, go to Settings > About Phone and look for the build number. Tap 7-8 times on Build Number that should show ‘You are now a developer’.
- Connect your phone to your computer using the USB cable.
- Now go to Settings > System > Developer Options and enable USB Debugging. It will ask for USB Debugging permission through a prompt, allow it.
- Also in developer options, enable OEM Unlocking. It will also ask for permission, click on Enable.
- Install ADB & Fastboot driver on your PC or download Android SDK Platform Tools to run adb and fastboot commands.
- Open CMD on your PC (Open from platform tools folder if you have not installed the driver).
- Enter the below command to boot your Micromax In Note 1 into Fastboot Mode.
adb reboot bootloader
- Once the phone boot into Fastboot mode, enter the below command.
fast boot flashing unlock
- You will get some information in the text. Press the Volume Up button to unlock bootloader on Micromax IN Note 1.
- Now it will erase all the data from your phone and unlock the bootloader. You can now reboot your phone into the system.
That’s it, now you have Micromax IN Note 1 with an unlocked bootloader. It means you can modify your device when you want. You can also relock the bootloader if you change your mind. You can now root your phone using the guide given below.
- Download Micromax IN Note 1 Firmware (the same version which is running on your phone)
- Download the latest Magisk APK on your phone
- Take a full backup of your phone
- Install ADB & Fastboot driver (or download Platform Tools)
Steps to Root Micromax In Note 1 with Magisk
Magisk is the only helpful option when it comes to rooting Android phones. And recently John Wu the developer of Magisk ditched the companion app to provide both Magisk and Magisk Manager on a single Magisk app. Here we will use the Magisk app to patch boot image using which you can root your Micromax In Note 1. It doesn’t require any custom recovery. Let’s now jump into the steps to root Micromax IN Note 1.
- Extract the boot.img file from the In Note 1 firmware on your PC. And copy the boot.img to your phone.
- Install the Magisk App and open it on your phone.
- Now click on the Install button right next to Magisk.
- Tap on ‘Select and Patch a File‘ and choose the boot.img from the file manager.
- It will start patching the file which will be stored in the download folder after the process.
- Now copy the magisk_patched image file to your computer in C:/adb or inside the Platform Tools folder.
- Open the CMD panel from the same location where the magisk patched image file is located. Also change the patched file name to boot.img for convenience.
- Boot your Micromax IN Note 1 into Fastboot mode and connect to your PC.
- Now in the command window enter the below command to install the patched boot image.
Fast-boot flash boot boot.img
- After flashing the patched file reboot your phone into the system using the below command.
- After reboot, install the Magisk app if not already installed. Open the Magisk app and performance the in-app instructions.
- That’s all, now you have the rooted Micromax IN Note 1.
After rooting your phone, you can check the status on any root checker app. It will ask root permission, so first make sure to allow it. And if it is rooted, you can use various Xposed Modules to modify your Micromax In Note 1. You can also check our guide to install Xposed Framework on Android 11.
So, there you have it, the complete guide on how to root Micromax IN Note 1 and how to unlock bootloader of Micromax In Note 1. If you have any queries regarding the root guide, let us know in the comment section.
More Guides on Micromax: