Micromax is once again back with a new smartphone series called IN. Currently, there are two Micromax IN devices in a budget range where the Micromax IN 1B is the base variant that is available at a reasonable price. If you are a Micromax IN 1B owner then you can do more with your phone by rooting your device. Here you will know how to root Micromax IN 1B and how to unlock bootloader of Micromax IN 1B.
Let’s quickly go through the Micromax IN 1B specifications. It features a 6.52-inch display with HD+ 1600×720 pixels resolution. The display is quite good for lower-budget phones. Micromax IN 1B comes with MediaTek Helio G35 that provides good performance without losing much from pockets. The phone is available in two RAM variants 2GB and 4GB along with 32GB and 64GB storage respectively.
It has two cameras at the back of the 13MP main sensor and a 2MP depth sensor. And at the front, it has an 8MP selfie camera. It runs on Android 10 out of the box with a stock UI experience which means you will not have enough customization options on your phone. Luckily you can root your Micromax IN 1B. We will also share the guide to Unlock Bootloader of Micromax IN 1B.
How to Root Micromax IN 1B
If you remember those not-so-old days when the Canvas series was leading in the custom development field and users didn’t care if the company releases an update or not. It is because there were tons of custom ROMs for Micromax Canvas phones. We will wait and see how the custom development goes for the Micromax IN series. And till that, you can enjoy advanced features by rooting your phone. Recently Micromax released a guide to unlock bootloader of Micromax IN 1B which opens the door for rooting.
Micromax IN 1B unlock Bootloader
Like other Android phones, Micromax phones also come with locked bootloader. And this restricts users from rooting and other modifications. But Micromax allows its users to unlock bootloader. And the process is similar to some other brands so you will find the guide easy. You can follow the below steps to unlock bootloader of Micromax IN 1B.
- First take a full backup of your Micromax phone, as unlocking bootloader will erase all the data on the device. Also update your device to the latest version.
- On your phone, go to Settings > About Phone and look for the build number. Tap 7-8 times on Build Number that should show ‘You are now a developer’.
- Connect your phone to your computer using the USB cable.
- Now go to Settings > System > Developer Options and enable USB Debugging. It will ask for USB Debugging permission through a prompt, allow it.
- Also in developer options, enable OEM Unlocking. It will also ask for permission, click Enable.
- Install ADB & Fastboot driver on your PC or download Android SDK Platform Tools to run adb and fastboot commands.
- Open CMD on your PC (Open from platform tools folder if you have not installed the driver).
- Enter the below command to boot your Micromax IN 1B into Fastboot Mode.
adb reboot bootloader
- Once the phone boot into Fastboot mode, enter the below command.
fast boot flashing unlock
- You will get some information in the text. Press the Volume Up button to unlock bootloader on Micromax IN 1B.
- Now it will erase all the data from your phone and unlock the bootloader. You can now reboot your phone into the system.
After unlocking bootloader, you can confirm it by going to Developer Options. The OEM Unlocking section must be enabled. Once the bootloader is unlocked you are good for modification on your phone. Make sure to go through the requirements for rooting IN 1B.
- Download Micromax IN 1B Firmware (the same version which is running on your phone)
- Download the latest Magisk APK on your phone
- Take a full backup of your phone
- Install ADB & Fastboot driver (or download Platform Tools)
Steps to Root Micromax IN 1B
Rooting an Android phone is not an easy task, but thanks to John Wu for Magisk that makes rooting possible. Rooting has many advantages and some of the basic features include custom fonts, custom boot animation, third-party themes, and more. You can follow the below guide to root Micromax IN 1B.
- Extract the boot.img file from the IN 1B firmware on your PC. And copy the boot.img to your phone.
- Install the Magisk App and open it on your phone.
- Now click on the Install button right next to Magisk.
- Tap on ‘Select and Patch a File‘ and choose the boot.img from the file manager.
- It will start patching the file which will be stored in the download folder after the process.
- Now copy the magisk_patched image file to your computer in C:/adb or inside the Platform Tools folder.
- Open the CMD panel from the same location where the magisk patched image file is located. Also change the patched file name to boot.img for convenience.
- Boot your Micromax IN 1B into Fastboot mode and connect to your PC.
- Now in the command window enter the below command to install the patched boot image.
Fast-boot flash boot boot.img
- After flashing the patched file reboot your phone into the system using the below command.
- After reboot, install the Magisk app if not already installed. Open the Magisk app and perform the in-app instructions.
- That’s all, now you have the rooted Micromax IN 1B.
That’s all, now you have Micromax IN 1B with the root access. It means you can enjoy all the root apps and features on your phone. In case you want to cross-check for the root access, then you can check in any root checker app.
If you like customization, then you can try various Xposed Modules. We have also shared guides on how to install Xposed Framework on Android phones. Rooting also gives access to uninstall any pre-installed apps.
So, there you have it, the complete guide on how to root Micromax IN 1B and how to unlock bootloader of Micromax IN 1B. If you have any queries regarding the root guide, let us know in the comment section.
More Guides on Micromax: