LG G6 is the phone launched in 2017 with Android 7 Nougat. And the phone already received stable Android 8 Oreo update. And now the LG is ready to release the Android Pie update for LG G6. There is an Android Pie beta leak which tells that LG will soon release the stable update. If you want to test the Android Pie beta on LG G6 then this guide is for you. Here you will know how to download & install LG G6 Android Pie Beta update with Root and without Root.
Its a bit disappointing LG G6 did not receive the Android Pie update till now. Whereas most of the G6 competitor phones already got the Android pie update. Till now we were expecting that LG G6 will not get the update but this leak regarding Android Pie Beta for LG G6 reveals that the stable update is coming soon. This Android 9 Pie Beta update build number is PKQ1.190421.001 and comes with May 1, 2019 security patch level. We managed to find the update files for Root and non-Root phones. So it means anyone can install this Android Pie beta update on LG G6 (H870).
The features added in the update are gesture mode with Navigation buttons, Always on Display, one hand mode/mini mode, Dual Apps and lot more. But still the LG UI is the same and it doesn’t look good. The performance is slightly increased in Android Pie Beta than Android Oreo. Also, there is a boost in battery performance, it means you will get more screen on time and stand by time. If you are interested in the Android Pie beta update than below you will find download links and method to install the update for rooted and non-rooted phones.
LG G6 Android Pie Beta Features
Download LG G6 Android Pie Beta Update File
There will be two different files one for rooted phones and the other for non-rooted phones so download accordingly. The software version of the file is v29a and the size of the update file is around 1.9GB. And remember the file will only work with H870 model.
- Download Android Pie Beta Update for LG G6 (No Root)
- Download Android Pie Beta Update for LG G6 (Root)
- Take a full backup of data (To restore if data lost)
- Make sure the device Model is H870
- The phone should be running on latest Android Oreo (for non-Root)
- Download Required Tools (For non-Root)
How to Install Android Pie Beta Update on LG G6 (No Root)
If your phone is not rooted then you can follow this method to install Android Pie on LG G6. This method is safe but you need to follow the exact process otherwise you can brick your phone. So let’s start the process to install Android Pie Beta on Non-Rooted LG G6 (H870).
- Extract the downloaded Tools zip file.
- First, install the USB Driver (LGMobileDriver_WHQL_Ver_4.2.0.exe).
- After driver, install the LGUP_Store_Frame_Ver_1_14_3.msi and then install LGUP_Common_DLL_Ver_1_0_28_5.msi.
- Now extract the LGUP V30DLL_PATCHED.zip and open the extracted folder.
- Copy the LGUP.exe and paste to C:\Program Files (x86)\LG Electronics\LGUP. It will ask to replace click on Yes.
- Now copy the LGUP_common.dll file from the extracted patch folder (Inside Model > Common). And paste the DLL file to C:\Program Files (x86)\LG Electronics\LGUP\model\common (Replace if there is already a dll file).
- Enable USB Debugging and connect the LG G6 to PC using a USB cable.
- Turn on media transfer.
- Run the LGUP.exe and it will detect the phone.
- Click on BIN file and locate the downloaded mo.up file (Update file for no Root).
- In the Process section, select FOTA Upgrade.
- Click on Start and wait for the installation process (It will take 10-20 minutes).
- After installation, the phone will reboot into system. That’s it the LG G6 will be in Android Pie.
How to Install Android Pie Beta Update on LG G6 (Root)
If you have an LG G6 with Root then you can follow this process. This method also requires TWRP or any other custom Recovery. You can also try Flashify instead of Recovery but we don’t know that it will work or not. So I will recommend using a custom recovery.
- Download the flashable zip (H870_29a_TEST_EU.zip) file from the link in the download section.
- Copy the flashable zip (H870_29a_TEST_EU.zip) to the phone storage.
- Reboot your LG G6 into the custom recovery.
- Click on Install and locate the H870_29a_TEST_EU.zip.
- Select the file and flash it (swipe for confirmation).
- Now reboot the phone into the system.
- That’s it now you can enjoy Android Pie Beta on LG G6.
So there you have it the complete guide for root and non-root users to install Android Pie on LG G6 phone with download links. In case if you brick your phone (i hope you not) then follow this guide to fix it. This is it in this guide, for more update related guide keep visiting YTECHB.