LGUP is a small tool which is used to flash KDZ & TOT Firmware on LG phones. It is an alternative to LG Flash Tool and used in many cases where we can’t use the LG Flash Tool. Like when you want to flash firmware of different regions then you can use LGUP Tool. Here you can download LGUP Tool to flash KDZ & TOT firmware (All versions).
LGUP tool helps users to update LG phones, fix LG phones, and reset LG phones all using the KDZ & TOT firmware. So if you are planning to flash firmware or update file on your LG smartphone then here you will get the links to download latest LGUP tool.
LGUP Tool – Features
- Easy to Use: It is a small tool which is easy to install on Windows PC. And it also very easy to flash KDZ & TOT files, all you need is just one look at the instruction.
- Support All Phones: The LGUP tool supports almost all the available LG smartphones including the latest phones. It is designed with binaries same as LG phone, so it will also support upcoming LG phones.
- Multiple Options: The tool offers multiple options to choose from while flashing the firmware on LG phones. Options include Refurbish, Upgrade, Phonesetting, and FOTA upgrade.
- Easy Detection: LGUP tool easily detects the phone which is connected to the PC. Sometimes we don’t even need to install LG USB Drivers (works in case of a few latest LG phones).
Download LGUP Tool (All Versions)
How to Install LGUP Tool on Windows PC
If you have an older version of LG UP tool then the installation is easy. Just double click on the application file and install the tool by following the instructions provided by the setup wizard. But the new version has a different installation process as now it has two different files. Follow the below steps to install LG UP tool on your PC.
- Extract the recently downloaded LGUP tool zip file.
- Open the extracted LGUP folder.
- There you will see two files. So first install the LG_UP_DLL file (LGUP_8994_DLL_Ver_0_0_3_23.msi).
- Now run the LG_UP_Installer file (LGUP_Install_Ver_1_14_3.msi) and install it by following instructions given by installation wizard.
- Download LGUP_Common zip file and extract it.
- Open the extracted folder and you will find a common folder. Copy the common folder to the location (C:\Program Files (x86)\LG Electronics\LGUP\model). It will help to fix LGUP can’t load the model error.
- After this now you are all set to use LGUP on your PC.
How to Use LGUP Tool to Flash KDZ & TOT Firmware
The LGUP tool lets users flash TOT & KDZ firmware on LG phones with multiple options for user convenience. Mostly the tool comes in use when any OTA update arrives in some region but not on your region, then you can use LGUP to flash KDZ firmware to update the phone. Follow the prerequisites before flashing any firmware using the LGUP.
- Take a full backup of your phone (To avoid data loss)
- Install LG USB Drivers on your PC
- Charge your LG Phone to at least 50%
- Download KDZ or TOT Firmware for your device
- Install ADB & Fastboot drivers on PC
Steps to Use LGUP
- Completely Power off your phone.
- Boot your phone into Download mode.
- While in Download mode connect the phone to PC using a USB cable.
- Open LGUP on your PC.
- It will automatically detect the phone.
- Make sure the BIN File is marked. Now click on BIN File and load the KDZ or TOT firmware that you want to flash.
- After selecting the firmware file select the installation option.
- Select ‘Upgrade’ if you want to keep the data on your phone.
- Select “Refurbish” if you want to erase all the data and clean install.
- Then click on “Start”.
- It will take time to flash so wait for the process.
- After finishing, the phone will reboot and Done.
This is how you can use LGUP to flash KDZ & TOT Firmware on LG phones. So there you have it the complete guide on LGUP Tool including download links and user guide. Enjoy flashing.