Realme 2 Pro is one of the best & anticipated mid-range smartphone of the year 2018. Recently, Oppo spin-off brand Realme released the ColorOS 6 based Android Pie stable update for the Realme 2 Pro. The update brings a lot of new features, but some of the notable features are the Camera2 API & Camera HAL3 support, which means Google Camera can installed easily without root. The Camera is one of the main highlights of the phone, and luckily the Pixel 3 Camera app is available for Realme 2 Pro. Here you can Download Google Camera 6.1 for Realme 2 Pro.
Realme 2 Pro has a dual-lens camera on the back, which is a 16MP camera and also supports 4K video recording. And with the help of AI (artificial intelligence), it captures decent shots in low light. If you’ve updated your phone to the Android Pie 9.0, then you can install the Google Camera on your phone which works best in almost every condition. The latest Google Camera 6.2 also works in the Realme 2 Pro, which comes with the Kissing-Detection mode, Dark Mode, and more.
It features a lot of useful features like night sight mode, Photo Sphere, Slow Motion, Playground (AR Stickers), RAW support, HDR+ mode, Panorama, Time Lapse, Lens Blur, Portrait mode (with Focus Slider), Google Lens mode & few more. Thanks to the Arnova8G2, who have ported GCam for Realme 2 Pro. You can also use the Time Lapse & Super Resolution Zoom on your smartphone. And Here’s the step by step guide on how to Download & Install Google Camera 6.1 for Realme 2 Pro. Also, take a look at our detailed guide on Pixel 3 Camera app, in which we explain the features & details about the new GCam port.
Before Downloading the GCam Mod 6.1 & 6.2, Check our Detailed Guide on Google Camera with its Features & Use
Download Google Camera for Realme 2 Pro
As a default, Realme 2 Pro doesn’t come with a support of Camera2 API on Android Oreo and many users have been requested for the compatibility of Camera2 API on the community forum. While the new update comes with the support of both Camera HAL3 and Camera2 API support. And below we attach the two APKs, both are from Arnova8G2. Which can be downloaded by the below link:
- Download Google Camera 6.2 for Realme 2 Pro (Gcam_6.2.030_Advanced_V2.1.190614.0200.apk – Arnova8G2)
- Download Google Camera 6.1 for Realme 2 Pro (GCam_6.1.021_Advanced_V1.5.190418.1850.apk)
There’s no stable build available for the Realme 2 Pro, but both the listed GCam ports work fine. Most of the features are working in both the apps, some of them may crash the app. For solving the bugs and errors, you can follow the below listed recommended settings on your phone, by which you can take amazing shots easily without crashes the app.
Note: Before Installing the new Gcam Mod ported app, make sure to delete the older version (if you’ve installed). This is not a stable version of Google Camera, so it may have some bugs. You can also follow the below listed settings in Google Camera 6.1.
Recommended Settings for Google Camera 6.2:
- Go to Camera App Settings > Advanced > FIX > Enable Long Exposure Night Sight.
- Go to Camera App Settings > Advanced > Enable Pixel AWB & Enhanced HDR+.
- Again Go to Camera App Settings > Video > Back Camera video resolution > change to HD 720p.
As the new update comes with the support of Camera HAL3 (Hardware Abstraction Layer) support. The HAL connect and enable the higher level camera framework API on the Realme 2 Pro. But the option is not enabled as default. I recommend you to enable HAL3 before installing the GCam, follow this method.
How to Enable Camera HAL3 on Realme 2 Pro
- Make sure your device is running on Android Pie 9.0.
- Go to Settings > About Phone > tap on the Version number (7 times to enable Developers option).
- Now Go to Settings > Additional Settings > Developer Options > Camera HAL3 (Enable it).
- Once done, reboot your smartphone.
- That’s it.
How to Install Google Camera on Realme 2 Pro
- First, download the GCam Mod from the above link.
- Once downloaded, Install the Google Camera apk on your Realme 2 Pro.
- Open the app & grant the needed permissions like Camera, Microphone, Storage, and Location.
- That’s it.
All done. You can start capturing some realistic and amazing pictures with your Realme 2 Pro.
You May Also Like – How to Root Realme 2 Pro with TWRP
If you’ve any query, drop a comment down in the comment box. Also, share this article with your friends.
More Related Articles: