Want to Unlock Bootloader on Realme 2 Pro, read the detailed step by step guide.
Oppo’s sub-brand Realme is one of the fastest growing smartphone brands in India. And Realme 2 Pro is the latest mid-range smartphone and the successor of Realme 1. Recently the company has provided bootloader and kernel update so that users can unlock the bootloader on Realme 2 Pro. But the unlocking method is tough and lengthy so we decided to share an easy tutorial with you. Check out the guide on how to Unlock Bootloader of Realme 2 Pro.
Realme 2 Pro is a big hit on market and now developer also got the opportunity to build custom recoveries and custom ROMs. So, Unlock the Bootloader to try lots of custom ROMs, custom kernels and latest update patches. Realme 2 Pro is powered by Snapdragon 660 SoC and comes with 8 GB RAM & 128 GB ROM. It has a beautiful 6.3-inch FHD display with a dewdrop notch. So with custom ROMs and custom kernels, the Realme 2 Pro will be a beast.
Unlock Bootloader of Realme 2 Pro
On January 15 the official update was released by Realme for Realme 2 Pro which will let users unlock the bootloader of their phone. But this is a long process and also will erase all the data from your phone.
Warning*: Unlocking Bootloader will erase data from the device. So make sure to take a full backup.
Before proceeding read out the disclaimer (risks of unlocking bootloader) about your phone.
- This process will erase all the data from your Phone.
- The in-depth test may have unforeseeable impacts on your phone.
- Some functions may not operate properly because of third-party firmware, such as the photo-taking function of the camera. It may also cause device damage.
- Personal and confidential information on the phone may leak, and security compromised.
- The in-depth test may modify some of the system functions, and prevent you from updating the system version to enjoy the latest ColorOS.
To unlock the bootloader you have to first fill an application form and then Realme Official Staff will verify and roll out OTA update for your phone. This OTA update will make your device eligible for unlocking bootloader.
Fill Bootloader Unlock Application for Realme 2 Pro
- Go to Realme 2 Unlock Bootloader Application form (https://goo.gl/forms/vDfXHNNt31j8ad5o1).
- Select Yes in the first section.
- Now type *#06# to check IMEI of your phone.
- Then enter IMEI1 number in the second section.
- At last, submit the form.
After validating your form Realme staff will provide with an OTA update for your phone (within 1-7 days). So install the OTA package when it is available. And then you are ready for the In-depth test to unlock the bootloader.
You May Also Like – 10 Best Cases & Covers for Realme 2 Pro
Steps to Unlock Bootloader on Realme 2 Pro
- Download Unlock Tool Apk and Install on your Realme 2 Pro.
- Open the Unlock Tool App on your phone.
- Click on Start applying.
- Read the disclaimer, Accept that you have read & agreed and click on Submit Application.
- The application will be checked by Realme official servers.
- And in about 1 hour the App will show the unlocking Status. If it passes it will show Review Successful and you can proceed to the next step.
- Click on “Start the in-depth test”. And press & hold the Power button to reboot the device. It will automatically boot into fastboot mode.
- Connect your Phone with PC while in Fastboot mode.
- Extract the downloaded platform-tools.zip and open the extracted folder. In platform-tools folder Press Shift + Right-click and select “Open Powershell window here” or “Open command window here”.
- Enter the command: fastboot flashing unlock
- On your phone use volume keys to navigate. Go to “Unlock the Bootloader” and press power button.
- The phone will reboot and enter in-depth mode. This process will remove all the data from the phone.
- That’s it. You have successfully unlocked the bootloader on Realme 2 Pro.
So this is how you can unlock the bootloader on your Realme 2 pro. Now you are eligible to root your phone and use it for various development purpose like testing. You can also enjoy the latest Android version on your phone by installing custom Roms.
Relock the Bootloader on Realme 2 Pro
You can also relock the bootloader using the same App. Check out the steps given below to relock.
- Download and Install the Unlock Tool app on your phone.
- Open the App.
- Click on “Apply to exit in-depth test”.
- Press and hold the Power button to reboot. It will boot into Fastboot mode.
- Connect your phone to PC via USB.
- Use the Engineering command to relock: fastboot flashing lock
- Use the volume button to select “Lock the Bootloader” and press power button.
- Done. You have Relocked the bootloader on your phone.
After relocking bootloader, you will again start receiving updates on your phones.
Stay connected to our site as soon we are going to share a tutorial to root Realme 2 pro and also installing TWRP recovery guide.
More Related Articles: