TWRP Recovery is certainly the best custom Recovery for any Android phone. But you can get to experience the advanced custom recovery if it is available for your device. And as we know that OnePlus phones are favorite to custom developers, so we can expect a lot of Custom ROMs, and Custom Recoveries. Speaking of Custom Recoveries the TWRP Recovery is already available for the OnePlus 8 Pro. And here you get to Download TWRP Recovery for OnePlus 8 Pro with its installation guide.
The device is new in the market but still, the phone already received a lot of custom development works like Custom ROMs, Recoveries, Themes, and Apps. So it will be a fun journey if you have OnePlus 8 Pro. In my opinion, the best advantage of custom development is that we can update to the latest Android version with the help of Custom ROMs even if OnePlus drops the official support. If you have tried custom ROMs before then you must be aware of the benefits of custom ROMs.
As you know flashing custom ROMs requires custom recovery except for some ROMs that can be installed with fastboot commands. So a custom recovery on our Android phone is a must if you are looking to try custom ROMs, Magisk, Xposed Modules, Boot Animation, and a lot more. Overall if you have TWRP Recovery on your phone then it makes all the tough processes simple. And also you don’t need to fear bootloop issues as we can simply fix it with the custom recovery.
Download TWRP Recovery for OnePlus 8 Pro
All the Android phones come with default recovery which we also refer to as stock recovery. Stock Recovery fulfills the basic requirements like formatting the phone, reboot to different phases, update from local storage, and a few more. But Custom Recovery provides advanced functions that simplify every control. Also, custom recovery supports touch controls which means you don’t have to stick with Volume and Power buttons.
The unofficial version of TWRP for OnePlus 8 Pro is now available. All thanks to the popular developer mauronofrio who has contributed to most of the TWRP recoveries for different phones. Since the release of the first TWRP recovery test version, we have seen various updates. And now the latest TWRP Recovery is close to stable and most of the features are working fine. And you can download the latest TWRP Recovery from the link given below.
After downloading the recovery, you can use it for various purposes. And here are some main uses of the TWRP Recovery.
OnePlus 8 Pro TWRP Recovery Features
- Flash Custom ROMs
- Flash Magisk and other zip files
- Image flasher
- Advanced format options
- Enable/Disable MTP
- Mount Storage
- Partition SD Card
- ADB Sideload
- Terminal access
There are more features that are available on TWRP and you will be familiar with these features once you start using the recovery. But the main use of custom recovery on OnePlus 8 Pro is flashing custom ROMs and here you will know how to flash custom ROMs on OnePlus 8 Pro.
How to Flash Custom ROMs on OnePlus 8 Pro with TWRP Recovery
The installation has become a real challenge after the release of Android 10. We have to flash the recovery file in the active recovery partition. And to avoid the complexity the one choice that we have is to boot into TWRP recovery and flash TWRP installer (if available). But the TWRP installer is not available for OnePlus 8 Pro so in this case we can boot TWRP recovery and use it for flashing and other features. We need to boot into TWRP recovery with commands every time when we need to use TWRP Recovery.
Here in this guide, we will install a custom ROM without installing the TWRP recovery. We will only boot into TWRP Recovery to flash custom ROMs.
- Make sure bootloader unlocked on OnePlus 8 Pro (Guide)
- Take a full backup of your phone
- Install ADB & Fastboot driver on your phone
Steps to Install OnePlus 8 Pro Custom ROMs
- Copy the TWRP image file to your computer at C:\adb. And rename the recovery to twrp.img.
- Download the custom ROM on your phone or copy it to your phone.
- Now turn off your phone and then boot your phone into Fastboot mode. To boot into Fastboot mode, enable the Advanced Reboot option from developer options.
- After fastboot mode, connect your phone to your computer using a USB cable.
- In the C:\adb path rename the patch/address to CMD and press enter, and it will open CMD or Command window.
- Now enter the below command to boot OnePlus 8 Pro into TWRP Recovery.
fastboot boot twrp.img
- The device will boot into TWRP Recovery. If you want to clean flash then go to Wipe > Format Data and type Yes. You need to copy the custom ROM again to your phone.
- After the complete wipe, go back to TWRP home and then tap on the Install button.
- Locate and select the custom ROM and flash the ROM on your phone.
- After complete flashing, you can reboot your phone to the system.
Now you can enjoy the custom ROM on your OnePlus 8 Pro. For other custom ROMs, you can follow the same process.
So there you have it, the complete guide on OnePlus 8 Pro TWRP recovery with a guide on how to use it. And if you have any questions on your mind then let us know in the comment section.