Do you want to root your Nokia 3.2 phone? This is the guide that you need to follow before rooting your phone. Here’s how to enter fastboot mode on Nokia 3.2 & how to unlock bootloader on Nokia 3.2. You can not root or modify your devices if the bootloader is locked so follow this guide to unlock it.
Nokia 3.2 is a lower budget Android One smartphone launched in 2019. It’s an Android One phone which means it has only important Google Apps and no other third-party apps. And also the device will get future Android updates. Nokia by HMD has already given many good phones this year and Nokia 3.2 is one of it.
The performance of the Nokia 3.2 like multitasking, Camera, VoLTE support, RAM management everything is good. But you can also extend the performance by modifying or rooting your phone. And to achieve this you have to unlock bootloader of Nokia 3.2. You should only unlock it if you know everything about the bootloader (if not then check it on Google). The guide to boot Nokia 3.2 to Fastboot mode will help you to install files on the phone. Which means you can fix the phone if it gets stuck on the boot logo or goes into bootloop. Let’s start the guide with Nokia 3.2 Fastboot Mode.
How to Enter Fastboot Mode on Nokia 3.2
Fastboot mode is the mode which allows users to apply command on Phone. Fastboot Mode is also known as Download Mode in some phones. This mode is used to unlock bootloader, flash image files, change system settings and much more. So to unlock bootloader you must know how to boot Nokia 3.2 into Fastboot Mode. Below you will find two different methods so if first doesn’t work try the next one.
- First power off your phone using the Power button.
- Connect your phone to PC using a USB cable and wait for charging animation to appear.
- When charging animation appears press & hold Volume Down + Power button together.
- Release both buttons when you see Fastboot Mode on the bottom left.
- That’s it now the phone is in Fastboot Mode.
- Power off your phone using the Power button.
- Connect your Nokia 3.2 to PC using a USB cable.
- When charging animation appears press & hold Volume Up + Power button together to boot Nokia 3.2 into Recovery Mode.
- It may first show No command screen so in this case long press Power button and press Volume Up button once (Now you can release Power button). The Nokia 3.2 will boot into recovery mode.
- Press Volume Down once to reach the option ‘Reboot to Bootloader’.
- Then press the Power button to select it.
- Now the Nokia 3.2 will boot into Fastboot Mode.
How to Unlock Bootloader on Nokia 3.2
Once you know how to enter Fastboot Mode on Nokia 3.2, you can easily unlock the bootloader. By default, all the Android phones come with locked bootloader, which means the user is not allowed to change in the system. You can not root the phone if the bootloader is locked. So if you are looking forward to rooting or modify your phone then you need to follow this guide.
Note: Unlocking bootloader will erase all the data so make sure to take a full backup before starting the process. And we are not responsible if you brick your phone.
1. Enable OEM Unlocking
- Open Settings on your phone.
- Go to System > About Phone option.
- In about phone look for Build Number and tap 7 times in it. It will display the message ‘You are now a developer’.
- Now you have enabled developer options on Nokia 3.2. Go back to Settings > System.
- In System settings expand Advanced option and select Developer Options.
- In developer options, enable OEM Unlocking & USB Debugging.
2. Nokia 3.2 Unlock Bootloader
- Install ADB & Fastboot drivers on PC.
- Boot the Nokia 3.2 into Fastboot Mode using the method given above in this guide.
- While in Fastboot Mode connect the phone to PC using a USB cable.
- Open Command window or Powershell window on PC.
- Now enter the below command to unlock bootloader
fastboot oem unlock
- After the above command, some options will appear on the phone. Navigate to unlock bootloader option using Volume buttons and then select it using the Power button.
- Now it will erase all the data and unlock bootloader on Nokia 3.2.
This is how you can unlock bootloader on Nokia 3.2. This method will also work with other Nokia phones. Just like OnePlus, Samsung, Asus, Nokia also let users to easily unlock bootloader without any problem.
You can now root, install TWRP recovery on your phone whenever you want. So this is it in Nokia 3.2 fastboot mode & unlock bootloader guide.