The Nokia 8.1 is one of the best-rated camera phones available under the mid-range budget price segment. Last year, Nokia announced the Nokia X7, aka Nokia 8.1 in the market. Nokia 8.1 is a premium smartphone, It has a premium design, performance, and cameras. Talking about the camera, then the smartphone features a dual-lens camera setup on the back, which sports OIS, EIS, and 4K for video recording. Unlike every other Nokia smartphone, the Nokia 8.1 also has builtin Camera2 API and GCam support. Here you can Download Google Camera 6.1 for Nokia 8.1.
The stock camera app on Nokia 8.1 is one of the best default camera apps that we’re not able to see in all smartphones. The default camera app is using artificial intelligence (AI) for better low light shots. But still, it is not as good as the Google Camera. Yes, the Night Sight mode and the Portrait mode is providing mind-blowing results. The Nokia 8.1 brings a dual-lens camera setup on the back with a 12MP primary sensor which has an f/1.8 aperture, with a Zeiss optics branding. And many developers have already ported the GCam for various Nokia smartphones and Nokia 8.1. And the results with the Google Camera App is far better than the stock camera app.
Not only this, Almost every feature of the GCam is working on the Nokia 8.1. The Google Camera 6.1 is working fine, you can also try the newer version (Google Camera 6.2). Thanks to BSG, who have ported the Google Camera mod port for Nokia 8.1. Talking about the features then, the GCam comes with features like Night Sight mode, Portrait Mode, HDR Enhanced, Lens Blur, PhotoSphere, Playground (AR Stickers), RAW support, Google Lens, and more. And Here’s the step by step guide on how to Download & Install GCam on Nokia 8.1.
Before Downloading the GCam Mod 6.1 or 6.2, Check our Detailed Guide on Google Camera with its Features & Use
Download Google Camera for Nokia 8.1
The Nokia 8.1 has Camera2 API enabled by default, which means we can easily install the Google Camera mod port. After testing various GCam Mods, we found 2 mod ports which are compatible with the Nokia 8.1. Below we list, both the Google Camera 6.1 and Google Camera 6.2 with the best working settings. Here you can find the download links.
- Download Google Camera 6.1 for Nokia 8.1 (MGC_6.1.021_BSG_Arnova-based_v.1.2_TlnNeun_Fix.apk)
- Download Google Camera 6.2 for Nokia 8.1 (MGC_6.2.030_nokia_8.1_05.05a_test.apk) [Recommended]
- Download Google Camera 6.1 for Nokia Smartphones (All)
- Download Google Camera 7.0
After downloading the app, you need to configure it by applying some settings, which lets the GCam works properly on any smartphone.
Make sure to apply these settings after installing the Google Camera mod port. We’ll update this article if we found any other or newer version of GCam for Nokia 8.1 with best settings.
- Open Camera App > More > Settings > Advanced > Saturation > Front Camera > Highlight Saturation level to 1.8 – 2.0.
- You can even record videos in 4K using this GCam port.
How to Install Google Camera on Nokia 8.1
- At first download the app from above-listed links.
- After downloaded, head over to the settings then enable the Unkown Sources.
- Now Install the Google Camera.
- Once done, open the app and allow the app permissions if any needed.
- That’s it.
Note: Before Installing the new Gcam Mod ported app, make sure to delete the older version (if you’ve installed). This is not a stable version of Google Camera, so it may have some bugs.
All done. Start capturing blazing and great photos directly from your Nokia 8.1.
You May Also Like – Download Nokia 7.2 Wallpapers
If you’ve any query, drop a comment down in the comment box. Also, share this article with your friends.
More Related Articles:
- Best Nova Launcher Themes & Setup
- Download Google Camera 6.2 APK
- How to Enable Dark Mode on any Android