Samsung Galaxy S10 is probably one of the budget oriented flagship phones. After tracking its success we can probably expect the lite series for Galaxy S20 and Galaxy Note 20 phones. The Galaxy S10 lite comes with the compact design that most of the users like. Performance is also exceptional on this device. And the device just received support for a popular custom ROM LineageOS. Here you get to download LineageOS 17.1 for Samsung Galaxy S10 Lite.
There are many custom ROM series that are active for a bunch of popular devices. And Galaxy S10 Lite also received some amazing custom ROMs and Lineage OS 17.1 will be another great edition. And it is one of the best ROM. In the top three if we go with its popularity.
Samsung Galaxy S10 Lite features a 6.7-inch Super AMOLED display with FHD+ (1080 x 2400 pixels) resolution. The device comes with a Snapdragon 855 flagship processor integrated with Adreno 640 GPU. Samsung has its own UI called One UI and the Samsung Galaxy S10 Lite runs on One UI 2.5 which is the latest update. Samsung is also planning to release Android 11 with One UI 3.0 very soon, the beta is already out for Galaxy Note 20 series.
Lineage OS 17.1 for Samsung Galaxy S10 Lite
Galaxy S10 Lite comes with a lot of customization options but totally different than the stock Android on Pixel phones. So if you like to try the clean UI then you can use available custom ROMs. And the LineageOS is a stock Android based custom ROM.
LineageOS 17.1 is the latest update that is based on the Android 10 for at least until the release of LineageOS 18. You will get all the Android 10 features with a clean look for faster and enhanced performance. You will also get some customization options but if you are used to One UI customization then I will suggest trying a different custom ROM.
Download LineageOS 17.1 for Galaxy S10 Lite
If you want to try the custom LineageOS 17.1 ROM then you can download from this section. Thanks to Vaughnn (Senior XDA member) for the amazing LineageOS 17.1 build for Galaxy S10 Lite. As far now it is an unofficial build but soon after testing, we can expect the official release. But there will not be much difference on both builds and the unofficial build is also eligible for day to day usage.
You can download the LineageOS 17.1 zip file to get the ROM on your phone. It is a flashable zip file that you can flash using Custom Recoveries.
If you have flashed any custom ROM before, then the installation process will be easy for you. This can be installed with the standard installation method that requires a custom recovery.
- Take a full backup as it is going to delete all the data
- Download the LineageOS ROM from the above link (make sure to download the latest one)
- Download and install Lineage Recovery
- Charge your phone to at least 50%
How to Install LineageOS 17 on Galaxy S10 Lite
Once you have all the required files you can begin the installation of LineageOS 17 on your Galaxy S10 Lite., then also you can follow the same procedure.
- First, download and copy the latest Lineage OS recovery to your PC.
- Make sure bootloader is unlocked (follow this guide) of your phone.
- Boot your phone into Download Mode and connect to the computer.
- Open the Odin flash tool on your PC.
- It will detect your phone. Load the LineageOS recovery tar file in the AP tab.
- Then flash the Lineage OS recovery on Galaxy S10 Lite.
- Reboot your phone into the custom recovery.
- Now factory reset your device from the recovery.
- Then flash the LineageOS 17.1 zip file on your phone.
- Reboot your phone to the system running LineageOS.
You May Also Like | Download Google Camera 7.4 for Samsung Galaxy S10 Lite (Updated)
After installing the custom ROM on your galaxy S10 Lite, you will get a new UI for an exciting experience. All the Android 10 features are present in One UI, so you don’t have to learn the navigation system as it is similar. Galaxy S10 Lite will receive many ROMs and so if you are keen to try new ROMs then stay connected to YTECHB for more guide like this.
In case if you have any queries then let us know in the comment section.
- How to Root Samsung Galaxy A71 and Unlock Bootloader
- 10 Best Samsung Themes for your Galaxy Smartphone
- How to Install TWRP Recovery & Root Samsung Galaxy M30