Samsung recently added two more devices to its famous A-series lineup. These phones are called Galaxy A51 and Galaxy A71. As you can guess the Samsung A71 is the superior one and it comes with an impressive Quad camera setup at the back which delivers unexpected images and videos. The Samsung A71 also comes with the punch-hole display just like Note 10 series and it looks cool. You can now root your device to increase the performance of the phone manually. Here you will get to know How to Root Samsung A71 & How to Unlock Bootloader on Galaxy A71.
Galaxy A71 recently launched in December 2019 and it is a mid-range phone with performance score near flagship devices. You can even boost the performance of the phone manually by rooting your Galaxy A71. There are many advantages to rooting a device, it gives users full control over the phone system. And after rooting Galaxy A71 you can also change system fonts, boot animation, third party themes, Xposed modules and more.
Last year Samsung released its new Custom UI called OneUI and since then rooting Samsung phone has become challenging. Because it comes with double layer security which restricts users from writing on recovery and system. Rooting any device requires unlocking the bootloader so first, you need to unlock bootloader on Galaxy A71 and then you will be able to root your device.
How to Root Samsung Galaxy A71
There are multiple ways to root a Samsung device like using a custom recovery, flashing patched file, and more. But only two methods, custom recovery, and patch file are effective. And since there is no custom recovery available now you have only one way to root Galaxy A71, which I am going to share in this guide. But before we proceed to steps to root Samsung A71, follow the Galaxy A71 Unlock Bootloader guide.
Must Read | Download Google Camera 6.1 for Samsung Galaxy A50, A60, & A70
Samsung Galaxy A71 Unlock Bootloader
By default, all the phones come with locked bootloader unless you specifically buying an unlocked one. If you have a phone with the locked bootloader then you can follow the guide below. Unlocking bootloader will give more advantages like allowing root, installing custom Recovery, custom ROMs and more. But it also has disadvantages like tripping the KNOX.
- Take a full backup of your data because the unlocking bootloader will delete all the data.
- After backup open Setting on your phone.
- Go to About Phone and then tap continuously on Build Number until it shows ‘You are now a developer’.
- Now go back to the main Settings and go to Additional Settings > Developer Options. You can search for developer options if you don’t find it.
- In Developer Option, enable OEM Unlocking and USB Debugging.
- Completely shut down your phone. Then press Volume Up + Volume Down together and while holding both buttons connect your phone to PC with a USB cable.
- When the phone shows a Warning screen release both buttons and press Volume Up once to enter Download Mode.
- Once the device is in Download Mode long press Volume Up button to unlock the bootloader. It will wipe all the data from your phone and unlock the bootloader on Samsung A71.
- Then restart your device and again enable Developer Option with the same steps given above.
- Open Developer Options and make sure OEM Unlocking is greyed out. If it is, then you have successfully unlocked bootloader on Galaxy A71 and if not then you try again in a few days.
This way you can easily unlock bootloader on Galaxy A71 and now you can proceed to root Galaxy A71 phone. Also, make sure to go through Prerequisites/Requirements for successful rooting the device.
- Take a full backup of data to restore if anything goes out of the plan
- Charge your phone to at least 50%
- Download Magisk Manager APK
- Download Odin Flash Tool
- Update your Galaxy A71 to latest version and download the firmware (Same version)
- The Bootloader must be unlocked of your Samsung A71
You May Also Like | Download Google Camera 6.2 for Samsung Galaxy A80
Root Samsung A71 with Magisk Patched File
- Download and transfer the Magisk Manager APK on your phone and install the app.
- Extract the downloaded Firmware on your PC and from the extracted folder copy the AP.tar (AP_A707XXXU1ASIX_EXAMPLE_0000000_user_low_ship_MU LTI_CERT_meta_OS9.tar) to phone storage.
- On your phone open the Magisk Manager app and click on first Install > Install.
- It will prompt to Select Method, so choose ‘Select and Patch a File’.
- Then locate the AP.tar file and wait for the patching process.
- The output patched file will be saved in the Download folder with the name magisk_patched.tar.
- Copy the magisk_patched.tar file to your computer.
- Power off your phone and boot into Download Mode by following the same steps given in the unlock bootloader guide.
- While the Galaxy A71 is in Download Mode connect it to your computer.
- Now open the Odin tool (Odin.exe) that you downloaded in the beginning.
- In Odin tool, switch to the Options tab and untick Auto-Reboot.
- Click on the AP button and select magisk_patched.tar file. Then click on the BL button and select the BL file (it will be in the extracted firmware folder). Similarly, select the CP and CSC file in Odin.
- After adding all the files in its place click on the Start button. Wait for the success message, you can also track the progress on the top left.
- After flashing the files you need to carefully boot into the rooted system using the below button combination.
- Press & hold the Volume Up + Power button and release all the buttons when you see the warning screen.
- That’s all, now you have successfully booted Samsung A71 into the rooted system.
You need to use the same given button combination every time when you power off your device. Also, avoid using the restart option on your phone. For booting into Recovery and system without root follow the below button combinations.
- System without Root: Normal power-up
- Recovery Mode: Press & hold Volume Up + Power button together and when you see Warning screen release the only Power button and keep pressing Volume Up button until you see Recovery.
That’s it for the guide on how to root Samsung Galaxy A71 along with its unlock bootloader guide. If you have any queries then let us know in the comment section below.