The M series by Samsung has already created its strong grip in the market with Galaxy M10, Galaxy M20 & Galaxy M30. Samsung cleverly introduced this series to take on the budget segment. The development has already started for Galaxy M20 and now it’s time for Galaxy M30. Here you will know how to Install TWRP on Galaxy M30 & How to Root Galaxy M30. Galaxy M20 Root & TWRP guide is already on our website go and check out.
Thanks to Sahil_Sonar for sharing his work the TWRP Recovery for Galaxy M30. Yes, the unofficial TWRP Recovery is now available for Samsung Galaxy M30. It means you can now expect Custom ROMs, Stable TWRP Recovery, Custom Kernels and more in upcoming months. This is a complete step by step guide to modifying Galaxy M30.
Rooting the phone is preferred only if you know it’s advantages, so make sure you know why we need to root any device. In short, I will say rooting gives full control over phones including system files. So you can change or modify anything when you want. Check out Galaxy M30 specifications.
Samsung Galaxy M30 – Details
M30 has a big 6.4-inch Super AMOLED FHD+ Infinity U display. It runs on Android 8.1 Oreo based on One UI and upgradable to Android 9 Pie. The device is powered with Exynos 7904 chipset which comes with integrated Mali-G71 MP2. Galaxy M20 is coupled with 4GB/6GB RAM and 64GB/128GB storage respectively.
It has triple rear camera setup of 13MP + 5MP + 5MP sensors at back. And at front, it has a 16-megapixel selfie camera. The devices boasts a massive 5000mAh battery for powerpack performance with fast charging. Now let’s see how to download & Install TWRP on Galaxy M30.
Download TWRP Recovery for Galaxy M30
You need a TWRP image file to install TWRP on Samsung Galaxy M30. So use the below link to download it. The official TWRP Recovery is not available till now but luckily we have the unofficial build which works fine with root combination.
The above link contains TWRP 3.3.1 for Galaxy M30 which is not stable as official build but it will work just fine until the release on the official build.
- Take a full backup of data (This method will erase all the data)
- Make sure bootloader is unlocked & device isn’t RMM locked
- Install ADB & Fastboot drivers on PC
- Magisk Zip & Magisk Manager
- Odin Flash Tool
- RMM Bypass & No verity opt encrypt
Note: This TWRP Recovery does not support MTP so you need external storage to access files. You can use SD card Pen Drive with OTG cable.
How to Install TWRP on Galaxy M30
Once you have downloaded the file and followed the pre-requirements then you can begin the installation process.
- Completely turn off your phone and long press Volume Down + Power button together to boot into Download Mode.
- Connect the phone to PC using a USB cable.
- Extract Odin zip file and run Odin.exe application.
- In Odin, untick ‘Auto Reboot’ under the options section. ID COM section will be blue if your device is connected.
- Click on AP and select the Recovery.tar file that you downloaded earlier.
- Click on ‘Start’ and it will give Pass message on completion.
- Disconnect the phone and long press Volume Down + Power button together and when the screen goes off immediately long press Volume Up + Power button. This will boot into TWRP Recovery.
- In TWRP, swipe to allow modification. Then go to Wipe > Format data, type yes and tap enter.
- Go back to TWRP home and select Reboot > Recovery (This is important to avoid bootloop).
- So you have installed TWRP Recovery on Galaxy M30. But don’t reboot the phone now.
If you boot the phone into the system then there are chances that it will go into bootloop. So don’t reboot now, first follow the below method and then you can reboot.
How to Root Samsung Galaxy M30
To avoid bootloop you need to root your phone by flashing Magisk file. Magisk is used for systemless root which is known for its flexible features. Check out the process to root Galaxy M30.
- First transfer the Magisk Zip, RMM Bypass & No verity opt encrypt file to the external storage such as SD card and Pen drive using OTG.
- Then connect the OTG or SD card to your phone.
- In TWRP, go to Mount > Select Storage and select the storage that you are using.
- Go back to TWRP home and this time go to Install > RMM Bypass zip and flash it.
- Similarly, flash No verity opt encrypt zip file.
- Now flash Magisk zip to root Galaxy M30.
- Reboot into the system using the options, do not use buttons.
- After booting select ‘Keep current settings’ when it asks for primary SIM.
- Then uncheck ‘Sending of Diagnostic Data’ during setup.
- Install Magisk manager APK to manage root access and enjoy.
So this is a complete guide on how to install TWRP and Root Samsung Galaxy M30 with Magisk. Both TWRP and Root have a lot of advantages such as you can install custom ROMs using TWRP and remove bloatware on a rooted phone. That’s all for this guide, Enjoy.