Xiaomi starts rolling out the most awaited MIUI 11 update for Mi 5s and 5s Plus. Most of the phones that are in the list to get MIUI 11 updates have already received the update. And now its turn for the Mi 5s & Mi 5s Plus, which now starts getting MIUI 11 updates in china region. And soon, it will be rolled out for the global region. Here you can download Mi 5s & 5s Plus MIUI 11 update OTA zip for a manual update.
Mi 5s and 5s Plus will not receive an Android Pie update, and so we can’t think about the Android 10 update. However, you can experience Android 10 on your Mi 5s phone by installing a custom ROM. The Mi 5s and 5s Plus MIUI 11 update is based on Android 8 Oreo.
Mi 5s and 5s Plus are the 2016 phones released with Android 6 Marshmallow, and later on, both devices received updates till Android 8 Oreo. Both devices were the flagship devices at its launch year, and Xiaomi always delivers its MIUI update to its flagship phones. Mi 5s MIUI 11 update comes with build number V22.214.171.124.OAGCNXM and the size of the update are around 1.68GB. Whereas the Mi 5s Plus comes with build number V126.96.36.199.OBGCNXM and it is of size 1.70GB. Below we have provided the OTA update zip file if you want to update to MIUI 11 manually.
Below we have included the changelog that you will see in the MIUI 11 update for Mi 5s and 5s Plus.
Mi 5s & 5s Plus MIUI 11 Update – Changelog
Comprehensive design optimized for full screen display devices
- Removing visual clutter, improving touch controls, and refining the use of color allowed us to create the system where nothing stands between you and the content
Sounds of nature
- Notification sounds won’t make you tired. Now, they keep changing dynamically, just like nature does.
- Preview your documents before you open them
- Stay productive and efficient with our all-new Mi Doc Viewer
There are more MIUI 11 features that you will get on your Mi 5s but are not listed in the Changelog. Such as a new user interface that is cool and improve your user experience.
MIUI 11 for Mi 5s and Mi 5s Plus is now rolling out in batches, and so it may take time to reach all the Mi 5s devices. In this case, you can manually update your phone with the zip file. You don’t need to search for files, as we have included in the download section.
Download Mi 5s MIUI 11 Update (OTA zip)
As you already know, MIUI 11 update for Mi 5s comes with exciting features. In case if you haven’t received the OTA update on your Mi 5s, then you can manually update your phone. The MIUI 11 OTA file for Mi 5s is given below with the official link. Remember that it is China Stable ROM.
- Mi 5s MIUI 11 Update (Download)
Download Mi 5s Plus MIUI 11 Update (OTA Zip)
Similar to Mi 5s, the MIUI 11 update for Mi 5s Plus also rolling out in batches so it may be possible that it did not have reached on all devices. But no need to wait for the OTA update as it is possible to update immediately manually. The size of the file is 1.70GB.
- Mi 5s Plus MIUI 11 Update (Download)
After downloading the file, you can follow the below method to install MIUI 11 update on your phone.
- Before updating, Make sure to charge your phone to at least 30%.
- Take a full backup of your data, in case of failures, you may lose your data.
- We request you to follow the steps carefully so that you can successfully update your phone without any harm.
- You can also use the Fastboot ROM if it is available, using Mi Flash Tool & Xiaomi USB Drivers.
How to Install MIUI 11 Update on Mi 5s & Mi 5s Plus
- Download the firmware file from the above link.
- Copy the file on your smartphone, in the internal or external storage (outside of every folder is recommended).
- Now open your smartphone Settings > About Phone > System Updates or launch the updater app.
- Then, click on the three-dots menu icon available at the top right corner.
- Head over to the choose update package option and select the downloaded file (if you don’t see the option first tap 7-10 time on MIUI icon).
- It will unzip the update file and update it to MIUI 11. After the update, it will automatically reboot into the system
Once done, you can experience the MIUI 11 on your Mi 5s & 5s Plus, so enjoy new features.
You May Also Like – Best MIUI Themes for Xiaomi Phones
If you’ve any doubts regarding this article. Drop a comment in the comment section. Also, share this post on social media with your friends!
- Download Mi Drop for PC [Latest]
- Best Gradient Wallpapers in 4K Resolution
- How to Disable Ads on all Xiaomi Phones