Mi Drop is an Android Application for sharing Music and transferring files between two devices. So if you want to share files from PC to Android or vice-versa then this guide is for you. Here you will know how to download Mi Drop for PC and How to Transfer files between PC and Android.
Mi Drop is an App from Xiaomi Inc and it runs on all the Android phones (not limited to Xiaomi phones). It is fast and easy to use because of the unique & easy user interface. Also, we don’t have to log in for using this App. It provides an Ad-free experience to users for free.
With the help of the Mi Drop, we can share Music, Videos, Apps, Files, Documents and other files. And it works to transfer files from Android to Android, iOS, Windows and Mac platform.
Mi Drop doesn’t need to be installed to every device that is participating in transferring files. So that’s a great feature of Mi Drop sharing App. If you want to transfer files from PC to Android then you need to download Mi Drop on your PC. Check out below to download the Mi Drop App on pc.
Note: If you are transferring files from Android to other devices such as iOS, Windows or Mac then you don’t need to download Mi Drop on PC.
Download Mi Drop on PC (Windows & Mac)
We can almost use any Android App using an Android Emulator on PC.
- Download an Android Emulator on PC (Windows or Mac).
- Install the Emulator on PC.
- Now sign in to the Emulator to activate play store.
- Open Play Store and search Mi Drop.
- Install Mi Drop (If you have an APK file you can install that).
- That’s it Mi Drop is now installed on PC.
Now you can share or transfer files from PC to other devices.
Mi Drop offers to transfer files in different ways as using FTP or the App itself. Check out the guide below to know how to transfer files from Mi Drop App to PC and iOS devices.
Transfer Files from Android to PC using Mi Drop
For this, you don’t need to Install Mi Drop on PC. But it should be installed on your Android Phone.
- First Install Mi Drop on your Android Phone.
- Connect Android Phone and Computer with same WiFi.
- Open Mi Drop and tap on your Avtar on the top left.
- Select Connect to Computer option.
- Tap on Start.
- Mi Drop will now provide an FTP address (ftp://192.168.x.x:xxxx).
- Open any browser on PC.
- Enter the same FTP address on the search bar and search.
- You will see all the folders as directory.
- Now you can open any folder and download files from it.
- Open Mi Drop on your Android Phone.
- Tap on your Avtar on the top left.
- Select the Webshare option.
- Then tap on Share.
- Select files you want to transfer and tap Next.
- Enable Location services.
- It will automatically setup hotspot on Android phone.
- Connect your PC with the hotspot and tap Next.
- Open any Browser on your Computer or iPhone.
- Type the FTP address on the browser and search. Or scan the QR Code.
- It will list all the file you want to transfer.
- Click on Download icon to select the location where you want to download.
- That’s it! Now you can transfer other files from Android to PC in the same way.
There you have it the way to transfer files from Android phone to computer. For more guides, tips & tricks keep visiting YTECHB or allow notification to get notified for new guides.