Realme has officially announced that Realme users can unlock the bootloader on their phones. Realme 2 Pro and Realme 1 has already got the update which allows users to unlock bootloader. And now Realme U1 is also getting the OTA update which allows users to Unlock Bootloader on Realme U1. So if you were waiting for a long time to unlock bootloader follow the step by step guide to unlock bootloader on Realme U1.
Unlocking bootloader on any phone allows users to modify their phones like rooting, enabling Camera2 API, installing TWRP recovery and installing custom ROM. So if you want to perform any of these modifications then you need to unlock bootloader first. Many smartphone companies do not allow unlocking bootloader but some companies allow which will cost you the phone’s warranty. But Realme and Xiaomi phones do not cost warranty on unlocking bootloader (unlocking bootloader will not void the warranty).
How to Unlock Bootloader on Realme U1
To unlock bootloader you need to first install the latest update and then you can unlock the process. So here I will break the guide in two steps first how to update and second, how to unlock the bootloader on Realme U1. Make sure to read all the important notes before you begin the process.
Warning: This process will erase all the data on your phone.
- This process will erase all the data from your Phone.
- The in-depth test may have unforeseeable impacts on your phone.
- Some functions may not operate properly because of third-party firmware, such as the photo-taking function of the camera. It may also cause device damage.
- Personal and confidential information on the phone may leak, and security compromised.
- The in-depth test may modify some of the system functions, and prevent you from updating the system version to enjoy the latest ColorOS.
Update Realme U1 [RMX1831EX_11.A.07]
● Supported the function for unlocking bootloader.
● Android Security Patch Level: March 5, 2019.
Steps to Update:
- First Download Firmware for your device model [1.9GB].
- Backup your data so that you can restore if something goes wrong.
- Charge your phone at least 50%.
- Copy the firmware to phone storage [remember the location].
- Completely turn off your phone.
- Press & Hold Vol Down + Power button together to boot into recovery.
- Once it booted into Recovery, select language. Then select “Install from storage device”.
- Locate and select the downloaded firmware and confirm to update.
- Wait for the update completion. After the update, the phone will automatically boot into the system.
Once you have updated your phone to the latest version, now you are eligible to unlock the bootloader.
Unlock Bootloader on Realme U1
Steps to unlock bootloader:
- Download and Install the Realme Unlock Tool App on your phone.
- Open the unlock tool on your phone.
- Tap on “Start Applying” and check the agreement.
- Then tap on Submit Application.
- Once the application is submitted wait for at least 1 hr for approval (Check the App for application progress).
- After approval, open the App and select “Start the in-depth test”.
- The phone will automatically boot into Fastboot Mode. While in Fastboot mode connect your phone to PC with USB.
- Extract Platform Tools and open the extracted folder. Now in Platform Tools folder press Shift and Right-click together and click on “Open PowerShell window here” or “Open Command window here”.
- Enter the following command in PowerShell or Command window
fastboot flashing unlock
- In phone use the vol up & down button to navigate and power button to select. Navigate and Select “Unlock the Bootloader” option.
- Now the phone will be formatted and bootloader will be unlocked.
- After the process Realme U1 will automatically reboot into the System. Setup the phone and enjoy.
So now you have successfully unlocked the bootloader on Realme U1 and now you can enable camera2 API, install TWRP recovery, root the phone and install custom ROMs. But if you decide to Relock the bootloader then follow the guide given below.
How to Relock Bootloader on Realme U1
Install the same App on your phone that you used to unlock bootloader or click here to download. Then go through the following steps to relock the bootloader.
- Install the Realme Unlock Tool on your phone.
- Open the App and tap on “Apply to exit in-depth test”.
- It will automatically boot into Fastboot mode. Once the phone is in fastboot mode then connect your phone to PC with USB.
- Download Platform Tools and extract on PC.
- In Platform Tools, press Shift & Right-click and select “Open Command window here” or “Open PowerShell Window here”.
- In the command window enter the following command
fastboot flashing lock
- In phone select “Lock the Bootloader” using Vol keys to navigate and power key to select.
- It will wipe the whole data and reboot the device with locked bootloader.
That’s all you have to do to relock the bootloader. It will also remove custom recovery if installed. I hope you found the guide helpful.
To get more upcoming guides on Realme U1, keep visiting YTECHB.