After successfully seeding Android 11 to the phones like Galaxy A50, Galaxy A51, Galaxy A71 along with its 5G variants. The company is moving to the other models as well and this time it arrives on the Galaxy A42 5G. The device was launched back in November 2020 with One UI 2.5 based Android 10 OS. Now it receives the first major update for the Galaxy A42 5G and it carries a bunch of new features along with improved security. Here you can check everything about the Samsung Galaxy A42 5G Android 11 update.
This article was originally published on 12th March.
For the nonce, the latest build is available in Netherlands and The Republic of South Korea, we can expect a wider rollout in the next few days. The latest airborne patch bags A426BXXU1BUB7 build number. As it is a big update, it will require a huge chunk of data for downloading. If you’re using a 5G network, then it’ll take a few seconds for sideloading.
In terms of changes, then the Android 11 update on Galaxy A42 5G comes with a flurry of new features. The list includes ability to add widget on lock screen, dynamic lock screen gets image categories, you can now add photo or video as a background for calls, adjustments for AOD, along with other One UI 3.1 features. Other than that, you can access Android 11 features on your smartphone. It also carries the latest March 2021 security patch. As for now, the official changelog is not available, but we’ll add the complete changelog, once available.
Samsung Galaxy A42 5G Android 11 (One UI 3.1) Update
If you own the Galaxy A42 5G in the Netherlands or in South Korea then you can update your device to the One UI 3.1 based Android 11 update. In case you’ve not received the OTA notification then you can even check Software updates from the Settings app.
If you’re in a haste, then you can update your device manually using Firmware. You can download Galaxy Fold Firmware from Frija tool, SamFirm tool, or SamMobile website. If you are using one of the tools then enter your model and country code and download the firmware. Once downloaded, you can flash the firmware using Odin Tool. I recommend you take a backup prior to diving into the process. That’s it.
One UI 3.1 Update for Galaxy A42 5G – What’s New
We’ve refreshed the look and feel of One UI Core 3.1 in lots of ways, big and small, from new, more consistent icons to smarter organization of the quick panel and notifications. Motion is smoother and more natural than ever, with improved animations and haptic feedback for common interactions. And the interface responds to different screen sizes to provide the best experience on any device, whether it’s a phone, foldable, or tablet.
We optimized One UI Core 3.1 with enhanced dynamic memory allocation, so apps run faster and perform better. We’ve also restricted background activities to provide better performance and power usage.
- New image categories have been added to Dynamic Lock screen, and you can select up to 5 categories at once.
- On the Lock screen, you can add a widget to check your usage time.
- Get an interactive preview when setting a wallpaper.
- Adjusting the Always On Display and Lock screen is easier.
- Add a call background to see a picture or video when you make or receive a call.
- In Samsung Internet, you can reorder and lock tabs.
- New icons and Lock screen widgets make it easier to find and control your routines.
- Use Digital Wellbeing with separate personal and work profiles.
Home screen and Lock screen
- Add widgets by touching and holding an app on the Home screen.
- Turn off the screen by double tapping on an empty space on the Home or Lock screen. (Set it up in Settings > Advanced features > Motions and gestures.)
- On the Lock screen, tap the clock area to see widgets like calendar, weather, and music.
Calls and chats
- See conversations separately in the notification panel. Works with Messages and your favorite chat apps.
- Easily remove duplicate contacts stored in the same account in Contacts. The storage period for deleted contacts has been extended from 15 days to 30 days.
- Added the ability to edit multiple linked contacts from a single screen.
- Added Trash in Messages so that recently deleted messages are stored for 30 days.
Pictures and videos
- Take pictures quicker with improved auto focus and auto exposure.
- View, edit, and share pictures and videos more easily from Gallery.
- Find pictures and videos quicker with new search features and categories in Gallery.
- Revert edited pictures to their original versions at any time, even after they’re saved, so you never lose a shot.
- Settings has a new simpler look and feel. Your Samsung account is shown at the top, and Home screen settings are now easier to access.
- Find the settings you need more easily with new Search features. You’ll get better results for synonyms and common misspellings, and you can tap on tags to see groups of related settings.
- Quick settings buttons have been reduced to provide only the most commonly used features. You can also add buttons to create your own customized quick panel.
- Increased the number of input languages to 370.
- Added emoji and sticker suggestions when you enter a text-based emoticon.
- Improved the keyboard layout to provide a larger space bar when entering web and email addresses.
- Reorganized Keyboard settings so it’s easier to access frequently used settings.
- In Internet, you can hide the status and navigation bars for a more immersive experience and quickly translate webpages.
- You’ll be prompted to block websites that send too many pop-ups or notifications.
- Events with the same start time are displayed together in the month and list views in Calendar.
Easy media and device control
Media and device control is easier with the improved media panel in notifications. You can see recently used media apps and quickly change the playback device. You can also check Android Auto settings in the Advanced features menu in Settings.
Identify and improve your daily habits
Improved Digital Wellbeing features make it easy to check how you’re using your phone or tablet and help you form good digital habits. Check your usage while driving or see weekly changes in your screen time by function at a glance through upgraded weekly reports.
Accessibility for everyone
One UI Core 3.1 recommends useful accessibility features for you based on your usage. The improved Accessibility shortcut makes accessibility features easier to start and use. You can use the Speak keyboard input aloud feature to get voice feedback of your typing even when TalkBack is turned off.
Stronger privacy protection
You can now let an app access to your microphone, camera, or location just one time. Any permissions that an app hasn’t used in a while will be automatically revoked. You can no longer give apps permission to always see your location in the regular permission popup. To let apps access your location when they’re not in use, you need to go to the location permission page for the app in Settings.
- Extract the date and address from the event title and recommend automatic registration.
- Receive notifications from SmartThings devices that also have specified schedule notifications.
- Camera function such as image quality improvement when zoomed in low light have been improved.
- Eye comfort shield function has been added.
- The color temperature of the screen automatically adjusts for the time of day.
- By dragging pop-up view screen to the edge of the screen, it is now possible to hide the window and keep playing.
Buds Auto Switching
- Support Buds auto switching between Galaxy phone and tablet.
- Extract the date and address from the reminder memo and recommend to register automatically, and remind important information by situation.
- It is now possible to protect your privacy by deleting the location information of previously taken photos before sharing or posting them on social media.
- Synchronize valid links created on devices with the same registered Samsung account.
- The use of social media services has been simplified. It is possible to share profiles, photos, notes, schedules, and more with friends simply by logging in to your Samsung account.
- Object eraser feature has been added to Labs in Photo Editor.
- Using Erase Objects allows you to erase an object which you want in the photo.
- In Clock, you can hear the time and preset name of the alarm read aloud when an alarm rings.
- Some apps will need to be updated separately after the One UI 3 update.
- App copies made using Dual messenger can no longer access SD card files directly. To share SD card files in an app copy, select the files in Gallery or My Files, tap Share, then select the app copy.
- You can no longer use Wi-Fi Direct to send files to other devices. You can use Nearby Share instead. You can still receive files using Wi-Fi Direct.
- You can no longer connect to Chromecast using Smart View. You can use Google Home instead.
You May Also Like – Download Google Camera for Samsung Galaxy A42 5G
If you’ve any query, then leave it in the comment box below. Also, share this article with your friends.
More Related Articles: