Samsung has rolled out Android 10 updates to most of its devices with OneUI 2.0. And from the first quarter of 2020 Samsung has also started rolling the next OneUI 2.1 update to its phones starting with Flagship phones. Many phones have already received the OneUI 2.1 update and now it’s time for the Tab A series. Samsung starts rolling the Android 10 for Galaxy Tab A 8.0 & Galaxy Tab A 10.1 with OneUI 2.1.
Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8.0 & Galaxy Tab A 10.1 (2019) share most of the same specifications. But the processor, camera, display, and battery are different. Galaxy Tab A 8.0 comes with Snapdragon 429 Quad-core processor. Whereas the Galaxy Tab A 10.1 2019 has Exynos 7904 processor integrated with Mali-G71 MP2 GPU. Both phones feature a massive battery for better battery life. Last year both devices released with Android 9 Pie OS and this is the first major update rolling out for both devices.
Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8.0 Android 10 Update
The Android 10 based OneUI 2.1 update for Galaxy Tab A 8.0 (2019) is rolling out in the Vietnam region for now. But we can expect the wider roll out soon. The LTE variant that comes with S-Pen is also receiving the latest OneUI 2.1 update but in the Philippines. Galaxy Tab A 8.0 Android 10 update comes with build number T295XXU3BTFE and latest July 2020 security patch. The Tab A 8.0 with S Pen (SM-P205) received the update with build number P205DXU5BTFB and the latest security patch.
Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1 Android 10 Update
The device launched back in 2019 and it is more than a year since users have not received a big update. And finally, the latest OneUI 2.1 based on Android 10 rolls out for Galaxy Tab A 10.1 (2019). The Galaxy Tab A 10.1 Android 10 update comes with build number T515XXU4BTFK and it also comes with the latest July 2020 security patch. Currently, the update is rolling out in Italy and soon will make its way in other regions.
The update brings most of the Android 10 and OneUI 2.1 features to the Galaxy Tab A 8.0 & Tab A 10.1. Some of the notable features are system-wide dark mode, Quick Share, Music Share, and a lot more.
Download Galaxy Tab A 8.0 & Tab A 10.1 Android 10 Update (OneUI 2.1)
If you own the device but didn’t receive the update then you can install the update manually with the Android 10 firmware. You can flash the firmware of different regions but it can misbehave in some features but you can still try it with the Odin flash tool. Luckily the Android 10 Firmware is available for both Galaxy Tab A 8.0 and Galaxy Tab A 10.1. follow the below guide to download firmware for your Tab.
- Download and open the Frija or SamFirm tool on your computer.
- In the Samfirm or Frija enter the below details:
- Model: SM-T295 (for Tab A 8.0), SM-T515 (for Tab A 10.1)
- CSC: XEV (for Philippines) & ITV (for Italy), if it is available on other regions so enter the CSC of that region
- Select the Auto option and then click on Check Update.
- It will show the latest firmware with the OS version.
- Now click on Download and select the location where you want to store the firmware.
- It will take time according to your connection speed.
Once you have the OneUI 2.1 firmware for your Galaxy Tab A 8.0 & Tab A 10.1 (2019), then you can easily install it on your phone using the Odin tool. You can go through the below guide if you are unaware of the flashing process.
- Make sure to charge your phone to at least 50%.
- Download OneUI 2.1 Firmware for Galaxy Tab A 8.0 & Tab A 10.1 (Specific region or global region recommended) using SamFirm or Frija Tool.
- Download the Odin tool on your computer.
- Install ADB & Fastboot driver on your pc.
- Take a full backup of your data, as in case of a failure, you may lose your data.
- We request you to follow the steps carefully so that you can successfully update your phone without any harm.
How to Install OneUI 2.1 Update on Galaxy Tab A 8.0 & Tab A 10.1
- First, run the Odin Tool on your computer.
- Extract the downloaded firmware folder, and there you will find 5 files AP, BL, CP, CSC, HOME_CSC.
- Now turn off your phone. Then long press Volume Up + Volume Down together, and when holding both buttons, connect the phone to pc via USB cable.
- Release both buttons when you see the Warning screen. Then press the Volume Up button once to boot into Download Mode.
- When the device is in Download Mode, the Odin tool will detect the device and show blue color near ID: COM.
- Now click on the AP button and load the AP file from the extracted folder. Also load BL, & CP file. And in the User Data tab, load the Home_CSC file (if you want to keep data). And if you want to delete data for a clean install, then load the CSC file on the CSC tab. If you are flashing firmware from a different region, then the clean install is recommended.
- After loading all required files, click on the Start button and it will start flashing the Firmware.
- On 100%, the tool will show the ‘Pass’ message, and then the phone will reboot into the system.
After installing the update, you can use all the new features of OneUI 2.1 on your device. Samsung may release the OneUI 2.1 for other Galaxy Tabs and if you want the update news then stay connected to YTECHB.
You May Also Like | Download Google Camera 7.2 for Samsung Galaxy A51
If you have any queries, then let us know in the comment section below. Also, share this news with your friends using the Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8.0 & Tab A 10.1.
More Related Articles: