Samsung is on the mission to provide Android 10 updates on all of its popular mid range phones. Recently Samsung has released updates for Galaxy A80, Galaxy A70, Galaxy A6, Galaxy A7, and others. And now Samsung is rolling out the stable Android 10 update for Galaxy A40 which is the last year’s mid range phone. In the past few months, Samsung has added many Galaxy A series, M series, S series in the list of phones running on Android 10. Here you get to Download Samsung Galaxy A40 Android 10 Update [Stable Firmware].
After the launch, the device didn’t receive any big update and finally, users get to experience the latest Android 10 features on their phones. Along with Android 10 features, the update also brings OneUI 2.0 goodies for a better user experience. It brings new features like new Navigation gestures, enhances security settings, improved one-handed mode, System wide dark mode and much more.
It is a big update that comes in OTA size around 1700 MB. Galaxy A40 Android 10 update comes with build number A405FNXXU3BTB8 and it also brings the latest March 2020 security patch. The update is currently rolling out on Vodafone’s network in Italy and Russia region. We didn’t get hands-on full changelog but you can check the below screenshot to get information about the update.
Download Samsung Galaxy A40 Android 10 Update [Stable Firmware]
Galaxy A40 users are receiving the update via OTA and only a few users have received the update till now. It can take time for the Android 10 Update to hit every Galaxy A40 in all regions. We checked in Sammobile and Frija tool and found out the Galaxy A40 Android 10 firmware is available for Russia. And so if you want to install the update for the Russia region you can find the link below.
- Download Android 10 for Samsung Galaxy A40 (Firmware)
- Download Frija and open the Frija tool on your PC.
- Now enter the model number (SM-A405FM) and region (SER for Russia).
- Then click on Check Update and the download the full Galaxy A40 Android 10 Firmware.
Before you manually update your Galaxy A40 to Android 10 first manually check for updates in Updater. Go to Settings > Software Update and refresh. If an update comes up then directly update your device and if not follow the below method.
- Make sure to charge your phone to at least 30%.
- Download Android 10 Firmware for Galaxy A40 (Specific region or global region recommended) using SamFirm or Frija Tool.
- Download Odin tool on your computer.
- Install ADB & Fastboot driver on your pc.
- Take a full backup of your data, in case of failures you may lose your data.
- We request you to follow the steps carefully so that you can successfully update your phone without any harm.
How to Update Samsung Galaxy A40 to Android 10
- Open the Odin Flash Tool on your computer from the downloaded file.
- Extract the downloaded firmware and in the extracted folder you will find 5 files AP, BL, CP, CSC, HOME_CSC.
- Turn off your phone. Then long press Volume Up + Volume Down together and when holding both buttons, connect the phone to pc via USB cable.
- Release both buttons when you see the Warning screen. Then press Volume Up button once to boot into Download Mode.
- When the device is in Download Mode, the Odin tool will detect the device and show blue color near ID: COM.
- Now in Odin tool, click on the AP button and load AP file from the extracted folder. Similarly load BL, CP files. If you have Firmware for your region then you don’t need to load CSC file just load the Home_CSC in UserData section. And if you want to install firmware from different regions then load CSC file in CSC section and nothing on the UserData.
- If you are using firmware of region then it will save user data and if not then the device will reset.
- After loading all required files click on the Start button and it will start flashing the Firmware.
- After flashing, the tool will show the ‘Pass’ message and the phone will auto reboot.
Once your device boot into the system, you can experience the Android 10 on your phone with new OneUI features. This is the common process to install the firmware on Samsung devices and so you can use this method to update any phone.
In case if you have any questions on your mind then let us know in the comment section about it. Enjoy.
More Related Articles: