If you are a Nokia 3.2 user then we have great news for you that now you can root your phone. Here’s the guide on how to root Nokia 3.2 with Magisk.
Till now there is no sign of development for Nokia 3.2 regarding Custom ROMs, Custom Recovery, Custom Kernels, Themes, and more. But you can root your phone with Magisk. Nokia 3.2 is an average phone in terms of performance but we can boost the performance with modifications and tweaks. But for that, we need to root Nokia 3.2 phone.
As you know that no custom recovery is available for Nokia 3.2 so we can not directly flash Magisk zip file to root it. So instead of using a custom recovery, we are going to use the patched boot image. Magisk is always preferred for systemless root. And the Magisk also supports many modules which help to organize the root access. The method is tested and it’s working like charm. Just follow the below step by step guide and you will achieve the root access.
How to Root Nokia 3.2
We are going to use Magisk patched boot image to root the phone. And for the convenience, we have broken down the guide in two methods. First method to create Magisk patched boot image and second to install the boot image. But before that, you also need to follow the pre-requirements which contains necessary and required files for rooting.
- Take a full backup of data (To restore in case of data loss)
- Make sure bootloader is unlocked (Follow this guide)
- Install Magisk Manager on Nokia 3.2
- Download stock firmware for Nokia 3.2 (Same version that installed on phone)
- Install ADB & Fastboot drivers on PC
Step 1 – Create Patched Boot Image from Magisk
- Extract the stock firmware and look for boot.img file.
- Copy the boot.img file to phone storage.
- Open Magisk Manager on your phone (Make sure you are using latest Magisk Manager).
- In Magisk Manager click on Install > Install.
- Now you need to select the method so choose ‘Select and Patch a File’.
- Locate and select the boot.img and it will now start patching the file.
- After patching with Magisk the magisk_patched.img will be saved to the Download folder.
Step 2 – Install Patched Boot Image to Root Nokia 3.2
- Copy the magisk_patched.img to PC (C:\adb). And rename it to boot.img.
- Enable USB Debugging on your Nokia 3.2.
- Now connect the phone to PC using a USB cable.
- In adb folder (C:\adb) press Shift + Right click and select ‘Open PowerShell window here’ and ‘Open Command window here’.
- Enter the below command to enable the debugging
- Entering the above command for the first time will invoke a message on Phone so allow it by tapping on ‘Allow’.
- Enter the below command to boot Nokia 3.2 to fastboot mode
adb reboot bootloader
- Now enter the below command to flash patched boot image
fastboot flash boot boot.img
- The above command will flash Magisk on your phone it means your Nokia 3.2 is rooted.
- Reboot your phone and open Magisk Manager to manage root access and features.
So this is how to root Nokia 3.2 with Magisk patched boot image. Now you can take advantage of root, like removing bloatware, install Apps that require root access and more. Also there are some negative points of root, like rooting can void the warranty and breaks OTA updates. This is it for the Nokia 3.2 root guide, and for more guides related to Nokia keep visiting YTECHB.