Android Flash Tool is an official online tool to flash Firmware on Pixel phones and some Android development devices. If you have a Pixel phone then you should know about the official tool from Google. It is the best choice for development and testing purposes. It is a very simple web tool that is simple and effective. Here you will know how to use Android Flash Tool to flash Firmware on Pixel phones.
What is Android Flash Tool?
Android Flash Tool is a flash tool from Google which allows users to flash Firmware on Pixel phones. It is a web tool that simplifies flashing by allowing users to flash Firmware directly from the Browser. The tool runs on browsers with WebUSB support like Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge and Opera. It can also be used to fix bricked Pixel phones by flashing the right Firmware.
There are many advantages of the Android flash tool and we are going to mention some of the features below.
Android Flash Tool – Features
Supports Pixel Phones: The flash tool supports Pixel phones like Pixel 2 and newer Pixel phones. It means it supports Pixel 2, Pixel 2 XL, Pixel 3, Pixel 3 XL, Pixel 3a, Pixel 3a XL, Pixel 4 & Pixel 4 XL. It also supports Android development devices like HiKey and HiKey 960.
Flash Firmware: It let users flash Firmware on all the supported Pixel devices. So it means you can flash Android Builds on your Pixel devices as well as Android development devices.
Supports Various Platforms: Android Flash Tool can be used on any platform like Windows, Linux, macOS, Chrome OS because its a web tool and only depends on the browser you have on your computer.
Convenient Tool: The tool runs on Browsers that support WebUSB and it doesn’t require installation on the computer. It means you don’t need to download the tool, just go to the webpage and start flashing.
- Pixel 2
- Pixel 2 XL
- Pixel 3
- Pixel 3 XL
- Pixel 3a
- Pixel 3a XL
- Pixel 4
- Pixel 4 XL
- Upcoming phones
Once you have known all the features of the Android Flash Tool, you can begin flashing on your Pixel phone.
How to Use Android Flash Tool to flash Firmware
To flash firmware using Android Flash Tool you need to follow a few steps before you can actually flash the Firmware.
Install USB Drivers
To flash the firmware you have to connect your device to the computer but to detect the phone the correct USB driver needs to be installed. If you have macOS or Linux then you don’t have to install a USB driver on your computer.
But for Windows, if you haven’t installed the Driver then you have to install it manually. The process for installing drivers on Windows 10, Windows 8 and Windows 7 is different and it is quite easy. You can follow Google’s official guide to know the installation process.
Enable USB Debugging & OEM Unlocking
Before flashing the Firmware on the Pixel device we need to first set up the device. It includes enabling necessary settings and advanced features that help you to flash firmware using Android Flash Tool.
- First, take a full backup of your device.
- Open Settings then go to About Phone.
- Now click on Build Number 7-8 times and it will display ‘You are now a developer’.
- Then go back to Settings and go to System > Advance > Developer Options.
- In developer options, look for USB Debugging and enable it.
- Also, enable OEM Unlocking in the Developer options. In case if you have already unlocked the bootloader then it will be greyed out.
Once the above steps are done you are all set to follow the below instructions to flash Firmware.
Steps to Flash Firmware using Android Flash Tool
- Open the Android Flash Tool homepage (Remember you should open it on Google Chrome, Opera, Microsoft Edge 79+).
- Connect your phone to PC and it will ask to allow debugging permission on your phone, so allow it.
- Click on Get Started to begin the process, it will ask to install Driver but you have already installed it so skip it.
- Now select ‘Add a New Device’ and it will show a popup with the connected device name on it.
- Select the device and click on Connect. It will prompt a window on your phone for authorization, click on Allow.
- Then select the connected device and select for the desired build that you want to flash on your Pixel device. Or you can select the other options like wipe or force flash.
- After select click on ‘Start’ and the device will boot into Fastboot. The device will disconnect if you are using the tool for the first time. So again connect your device and it will resume the process.
- Wait for the flashing and when it’s done disconnect your phone.
- That’s it now you have successfully flashed the Firmware on your device.
So there you have it the complete guide on Android Flash Tool which is really a good tool for Pixel users. If you are getting any error while flashing firmware with the tool, then let us know in the comment section.