The Samsung Galaxy J7 Nxt was announced in the second half of 2017 and ran on Android Nougat 7.0. The phone subsequently received the Android Oreo 8.1 update in 2018, and now Samsung starts rolling out the Android Pie 9.0 update. Not only this, but the phone also got the latest security patch, new features, with software improvements. And here’s the step by step manual guide to download and update Samsung Galaxy J7 Nxt Android Pie update.
The sibling Galaxy J7 Pro already taste the Pie last week. Now the company has started rolling out One UI based Android Pie 9.0 for Samsung Galaxy J7 Nxt, which is an upgraded version of the predecessor Galaxy J7 (2016). Samsung has done a very good job in providing the major updates to their budget smartphones. Not many budget phones will get the latest updates, but luckily the Galaxy J7 Nxt users can taste the Pie with One UI.
Samsung starts rolling out the update in Thailand and will be rolling out soon for other countries. Various things have been changed with One UI based Pie updated, it boasts new features like Adaptive brightness, Adaptive battery, Digital Wellbeing, new Google Camera and few more. Along with Android Pie goodies, it also got One UI based features like the Dark Mode, Bixby Routines, Net Gestures, and floating mode.
The Android Pie OTA update for Galaxy J7 Nxt (SM-J701F) is size above then 1GB, and it has the latest Android security patch of May 2019. The update has build number/version of J701FXXU6CSF1. Sadly, we haven’t got hands on the changelog yet, but are in a lookout for the further details. Now, take a dig into the installation process and the instructions.
Download Samsung Galaxy J7 Nxt Android Pie Stable Update
The Samsung Galaxy J7 Nxt gets the One UI based Pie update via over the air if you’re not able to update your phone. Then, you can simply download the firmware for your smartphone from the below-mentioned download links. Well, Like other updates, this update will definitely improve the overall performance of your smartphone. So, download J701FXXU6CSF1 firmware and follow the instructions carefully.
- Download Samsung Galaxy J7 Nxt Android Pie Stable Update (Firmware)
- Make sure to charge your phone’s battery to at least 50%
- Backup your data, in case of failures, so you can recover it
- Install Samsung USB Drivers on your PC
- Download Odin Flash Tool [Latest]
How to Install Samsung Galaxy J7 Nxt Android Pie Stable Update
- At first, you need to Download the Odin Flash Tool on your PC.
- Then, download the SM-J701F (Android Pie firmware).
- Now, Open OdinTool.exe from the extracted Odin Flash Tool folder.
- Turn off your Samsung Galaxy J7 Nxt completely.
- Press & hold Volume Up + Volume Down + Power button together until any change appears in the screen.
- A warning screen will appear with few options.
- Press Volume up button to enter Download Mode/Odin Mode.
- Now connect the phone to PC via USB cable.
- In Odin, it will show blue sign in ID:COM if your phone is connected. If not showing then reinstall USB drivers.
- In Odin, switch to the Options tab and untick “Auto Reboot”.
- Check the extracted firmware folder, there you will find AP, BL, CP, CSC & Home_CSC files. In Odin click on AP and locate AP file and similarly for BL and CP.
- Click on CSC and locate CSC file if you want to delete all data of your phone. Otherwise, locate Home_CSC file if you want to wipe all the data. Selecting CSC file over Home_CSC is recommended because it will reduce the chances of bugs. But if you are already in Russia region then you can select Home_CSC file.
- After selecting all the four files, click on Start.
- It will take time to flash. You can check the progress in the Odin tool.
- After flashing it will give a success message. Now you can disconnect your device and reboot into the system.
- Done! you have successfully installed Android Pie.
After rebooting the phone, you can start using the One UI 1.1 based Android Pie 9.0 on the Galaxy J7 Nxt.
You May Also Like – Best Samsung Themes for Galaxy Phones
If you’re facing any issues while updating, then you can leave the comments in the below comment box. Also, Share this article with your friends.
More Related Articles: