A few days ago, Asus released the Android Pie 9.0 update for the Asus ZenFone Max Pro M2. Sadly, the update is available only for the model number ZB632KL (which is the Indian variant), now the company expands the rollout globally for ZB633KL. And this update is more stable than the previous release. Also, it brings the latest May 2019 security patch. So, Here you can Download Asus ZenFone Max Pro M2 Android Pie Update & Install it manually on your smartphone.
In February, the company started a beta program and testing the Android Pie on ZenFone Max Pro M2. And now Asus has started rolling out the stable update globally. There are a lot of improvements made by the company on this update. But, sadly there are a bunch of known bugs still available in this update. One of the fixes are, the dark mode works fine now, screenshot option added in the power menu pop-up, network icon overlap issue, and some more.
The Android Pie stable update is now available to download. You can access all other features like Android Pie 9.0 features like Digital Wellbeing, Adaptive brightness, Adaptive battery, new Google Camera, and more. This is an OTA update, and the size of the OTA update is only 73MB. While the firmware is size around 1.45 GB with a version number WW-16.2017.1905.065. And from the below section, you can download the firmware and then follow the installation process.
Download Asus ZenFone Max Pro M2 Android Pie Update
This is an OTA (over-the-air) update, which means it may take some time to roll out on every single device. So, if you’ve not received the OTA notification, you can download the firmware from the below section and manually flash it on your ZenFone Max Pro M2. The update also brings the latest security patch. Also, follow the installation instructions carefully.
- Download Asus ZenFone Max Pro M2 Android Pie Update (Firmware Link)
Note: The update is for Model number Asus-X01BD, before updating your smartphone, make sure to check the model number in the Settings > System information. We’re not responsible, if your smartphone face any harm during flashing, so follow the steps carefully.
- Make sure to charge your phone’s battery to at least 50%
- Backup your data, in case of failures, so you can recover it
- Download Google USB Drivers for your Windows
- We request you to follow the steps carefully so that you can successfully update your phone without any harm
How to Install Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2 Android Pie Update
- At first, Download the firmware file from the above download link.
- Now Rename the file to “UL-ASUS_X01BD-WW-16.2017.1905.065-user.zip”
- Connect your smartphone to your PC via USB.
- Now copy the file and paste it in your phone’s internal storage, make sure to paste the file outside the folders.
- Then, disconnect your phone from the PC and reboot it.
- After reboot, you’ll see the notification like System Update File Detected.
- Just tap on it and install the Android Pie update on your Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2.
- Make sure to agree with the conditions before the update.
- It’ll reboot into the recovery mode and start updating it to the Pie.
After rebooting the phone, you can start using the stable version of Android Pie 9.0 on your Asus ZenFone Max Pro M2. And with this update, you can try the Google Camera Mod on your phone, by enabling the Camer2 API. That’s it.
You May Also Like – How to Enable Camera2 API on Asus ZenFone Max Pro M2
If you’ve any doubt regarding the pie update for ZenFone Max Pro M2. Drop a comment in the comment section. Also, share this post on social media with your friends!
More Related Articles: