Redmi Note 8 Pro is the successor of Note 7 Pro and the latest phone of the Redmi Note series. It packs with a flagship-level processor and so stands out on top among its rivals. The performance of the phone is undoubtedly better than most of the available phones. Although it comes with MediaTek processor, the phone is capable of beating some flagship phones. And in case if you decide to install custom ROMs or root your phone, then this guide is for you. Here you will get to know how to unlock bootloader on Redmi Note 8 Pro & how to boot Redmi Note 8 Pro to Fastboot Mode.
Despite being powered by a flagship processor, the Redmi Note 8 Pro comes at the budget price. The performance of the phone is amazing, but still, it can be increased further. But it requires to unlock the bootloader of Redmi Note 8 Pro. Unlocking bootloader allows users to perform system-level changes and write on the systems. It means you can root your phone, install custom ROM and custom Recovery, and more.
By default, all the Xiaomi phones come with locked bootloader out of the box. But Xiaomi let its users unlock bootloader without voiding the warranty of the phone. In case of other Brands unlocking bootloader void warranty of the phone. Along with unlocking bootloader guide, here you will also know how to boot Redmi Note 8 Pro into Fastboot Mode or Bootloader Mode.
Redmi Note 8 Pro Unlock Bootloader
It is now easy to unlock the bootloader of any Xiaomi phones as applying for unlock step is now removed from the method. But still, for new phones, you have to wait for a few days (minimum 7 days) before you try to unlock the bootloader. Go through prerequisites and then steps to unlock bootloader. You also need to boot your Redmi Note 8 Pro to Fastboot mode to unlock the bootloader. So first, I will share how you can boot Redmi Note 8 Pro into Fastboot Mode.
- Take a full backup of your phone (unlocking bootloader will format phone)
- Wait for at least 7 days for new phones after login
- Download Mi Unlock Tool
- Install ADB & Fastboot driver on PC
- Create Mi Account if you don’t have an account (Use phone number to create)
Redmi Note 8 Pro Fastboot Mode
If you want to unlock bootloader or want to root your phone, then you need to know the method to boot the phone into Bootloader/Fastboot mode. You can use the below methods to achieve Fastboot mode.
- Power off your device.
- Press & hold Volume Down + Power button together to boot into Fastboot mode.
- Once you see the Mi bunny icon, release both buttons.
- Now the Redmi Note 8 Pro is in Fastboot Mode.
- Open Settings on your phone.
- Then go to About Phone and click multiple times on ‘MIUI Version’ until it shows ‘You are now a developer.’
- Go to Settings > Additional Settings and open Developer Options.
- In Developer Options, enable USB Debugging and connect your phone to PC with a USB cable.
- Make sure ADB & Fastboot driver installed on PC, then go to C:\adb location and press Shift + Right click together on an empty area and select ‘Open Command window here’ or ‘Open PowerShell window here.’
- In the Command/PowerShell window, enter the below command to check the device is connected or not, it should return some device ID.
- If the above command asks for authorization in the phone, provide it and then enter the below command to boot Redmi Note 8 Pro to Fastboot Mode
adb reboot bootloader
- Now your device will boot into bootloader/fastboot.
Both guide on boot to Fastboot Mode & Unlock Bootloader will also work for Redmi Note 8. So if you have Redmi Note 8 phone, then follow the same procedure.
You May Also Like | How to Root Redmi Note 8 Pro & Install TWRP Recovery
How to Unlock Bootloader on Redmi Note 8 Pro
- First, log in with Mi Account on your device from Settings and wait for at least 7 days. And if already logged in for more then 7 days, then skip this step.
- Go to Settings > Mi Account > Mi Cloud and enable ‘Sync’ & ‘Find Device’. Also, Sync all App data at least once.
- Go back to the main Settings and then go to About Phone.
- In the About Phone section, continuously tap on the MIUI version until it shows ‘You are now a developer.’
- After enabling the developer options, go to Settings > Additional Settings > Developer Options.
- In developer options, enable OEM unlocking and USB Debugging.
- Then go to Mi Unlock Status and link your Mi Account. It needs to have internet access with the same number associated with Mi Account.
- Now boot your Redmi Note 8 Pro to Bootloader Mode (use the given above guide) and connect to PC while the device is in Fastboot/Bootloader Mode. Connect your PC to an active Internet network connection.
- Now open the Mi Unlock Tool and sign in with the same Mi account that you are using on your Note 8 Pro.
- The Unlock tool will detect your device. Then click on the ‘Unlock Now’ button in the tool.
- It will start the process first by checking if the device has permission, it will then unlock the bootloader of Redmi Note 8 pro and erase all the data.
- If the tool stop before 100%, then wait for a few days and try again with the same method.
That’s all, now you have successfully unlocked the bootloader. Now you proceed to root or installing any image files. Unlocking Bootloader gives you the option to use your phone as you want.
So there you have it the complete guide on How to Unlock Bootloader on Redmi Note 8 Pro and how to boot Note 8 Pro to Bootloader or Fastboot mode. If you have any queries, do let us know in the comment section.