The Redmi Note 8 Pro is one of the first smartphones to come with a 64MP Quad Bayer camera setup under mid-range price segment. The Redmi Note 8 and Note 8 Pro are recently launched smartphones by Xiaomi. And one of the major highlights of both smartphones is the camera. Talking about the details then the vanilla Note 8 comes with a 48MP quadruple-camera setup while the Pro variant dons a 64-megapixel primary sensor. And the Pixel 5 Camera app (aka GCam) is working fine as the Camera2 API is enabled by default. Here you can Download Google Camera for Redmi Note 8 and Note 8 Pro.
Last Updated on 17/07/2021 @ 10:30 PM – Added Google Camera 8.1 for Redmi Note 8 Pro with the best settings. Also, added the latest version GCam for Redmi Note 8 and Redmi Note 8 2021.
The GCam is finally available for the Redmi Note 8 Pro. Yes, After doing some research we found a best compatible Google Camera app for both Redmi Note 8 & 8 Pro. The 2021 edition of Redmi Note 8 houses the MediaTek Helio G85 chipset, while the Pro variant is coupled with MediaTek Helio G90T SoC and there are not many GCam ports which works properly with this processor. But the developers are working on it. And here we found one mod port, which you can download from the below-listed links. The stock camera app is not much impressive as the selfies are overexposed, over sharpen images with faded colors. On the other hand, Google Camera capture some mind-blowing photos with good dynamic range.
The Camera is one of the main highlights of both the smartphones, one has a 48-megapixel primary sensor while the other one has a 64-megapixel shooter. And it uses native pixel-binning technology to capture images in 48MP/64MP modes. But thanks to Team Google who made GCam one of the best camera apps with the help of Artificial Intelligence (AI). And there are many developers who have port the Google Camera app for other smartphones as well.
Talking about the Google Camera app, then It comes with features like the anticipated Night Sight mode, Portrait Mode, HDR Enhanced, Lens Blur, PhotoSphere, Playground (AR Stickers), RAW support, Google Lens, and more. The latest Pixel 4 camera app brings astrophotography mode with the Google Camera 7.0 app. Thanks to the wyroczen, who have ported the GCam for Redmi Note 8 Pro. And Here’s the step by step guide on how to Download & Install GCam on Redmi Note 8 and 8 Pro.
Before Downloading the GCam Mod 6.1 or 6.2, Check our Detailed Guide on Google Camera with its Features & Use
Download Google Camera for Redmi Note 8 (2021) and Note 8 Pro
The Redmi Note 8 Pro is the first smartphone to come with the Helio G90T chipset which is known for the best gaming performance under this price segment. And it is the primary reason that not every GCam port is compatible with the Note 8 Pro. But after doing some research we found one GCam for Redmi Note 8 Pro, which is working fine in our testing. We do some research for the newly launched Redmi Note 8 (2021) and vanilla Redmi Note 8. Here are the download links of the best working GCam ports for Redmi Note 8 lineup.
- Download GCam for Redmi Note 8 & 8 Pro (GCam_7.3.018_Wyroczen_SuperRes_Alpha_v1.apk) [Recommended]
- Download Google Camera for Redmi Note 8, Note 8 (2021), and Note 8 Pro (NGCam_8.1.101-v1.3-fix_eng.apk) [Latest]
After downloading configure the app by applying below-listed settings, which are different from the above-listed settings.
Recommended Settings for Redmi Note 8 and 8 Pro
- Download Config Settings, which save the recommended settings.
- Once downloaded, you can extract it using ES file explorer on the root storage.
- Create a new folder named GCam in the root folder and then open GCam folder and make a Configs folder.
- Then, copy the config file in /Internal Storage/GCam/Configs/ (folder).
- Open Google Camera and double tap on the black blank area placed next to the shutter button.
- Tap on the settings shown, available in the popup & press the restore button.
- Go back to the app drawer and then open the app again.
There’s no need to change much in the GCam_7.3.018_Wyroczen_SuperRes_Alpha_v1.apk port. You can simply sideload it and start using it.
How to install GCam on Redmi Note 8 (Pro)
- At first download the app from above-listed links.
- After downloaded, head over to the settings then enable the Unkown Sources.
- Now Install the Google Camera.
- Once done, open the app and allow the app permissions if any needed.
- That’s it.
Note: Before Installing the new Gcam Mod ported app, make sure to delete the older version (if you’ve installed). This is not a stable version of Google Camera, so it may have some bugs.
All done. Start capturing blazing and great photos directly from your Redmi Note 8 Pro.
You May Also Like – Download Best MIUI Themes for Xiaomi Phones
If you’ve any query, drop a comment down in the comment box. Also, share this article with your friends.
More Related Articles: