It seems like LG is going to release Android updates for many phones in a few months. We are saying this because just after the Android Pie beta leaks for LG G6, here is one more Android Pie beta leak for LG V30 series. We can expect more beta updates this month for LG phones. Here you will know how to download & install LG V30 Android Pie Beta update [LG V30/V30 Plus/V30s ThinQ].
The update is leaked for H930, H930D, H930DS, H930G, H933, V300K, V300L, V300S models. So if you have any of the phones then you can find the Android Pie beta file in this article with installation guide. At this time many of the phones have already got the Android Q beta but still, LG is struggling on providing Android Pie update. So it’s a relief for LG V30 users because now they know that the Android Pie stable update is coming soon.
As this is the leaked beta update so there are no changelogs for the update. But according to users, the update comes with June security patch and other Android Pie features. However, the UI is a lot similar to Android Oreo because of the LG custom UI. The particular features where you will see changes are battery performance, gestures, RAM management, animations & effects and more. The build number of this Android Pie beta is PKQ1.190414.001 and the update size is around 2GB.
Download LG V30 Android Pie Update File (.up file)
This is an update file with up extension and it is not a full firmware (KDZ/TOT). And the size of Android Pie update file for all the models is around 2GB each. To download the Android Pie beta update for LG V30, first check your models and download accordingly.
- Update your phone to the latest version available (Read note below)
- Take a full backup of data
- Check your models number and download it’s .up file
- Download LGUP patched tool
How to Install Android Pie Beta Update on LG V30 Series
This method will work for non rooted phone running on Android Oreo. The method is testes and safe to upgrade. But make sure to follow notes below for your phone model.
- LG H930 must update from V22j to V30a/V30b
- LG H930DS/H930G/H930D must update from V22j HKG to V29g
- LG H933 must update from V20i to V28g/V28a
- LG V300K/V300L/V300S must update from V21s to V30b
Steps to Update LG V30 to Android Pie
- Extract the download Tools zip file (LGUP patched file).
- First, install the LG USB Driver (LGMobileDriver_WHQL_Ver_4.2.0.exe).
- Now install LGUP_Store_Frame_Ver_1_14_3.msi and then install LGUP_Common_DLL_Ver_1_0_28_5.msi.
- After installing extract the LGUP V30DLL_PATCHED.zip and open the extracted folder.
- Copy the LGUP.exe and paste in this location (C:\Program Files (x86)\LG Electronics\LGUP). Replace the file if it ask.
- From the same extracted folder copy LGUP_common.dll (Inside Model > Common) and paste in this location (C:\Program Files (x86)\LG Electronics\LGUP\model\common).
- Now enable USB Debugging on your phone.
- Connect your phone to PC and enable media transfer.
- Open LGUP.exe (LGUP application) and it will detect your LG V30 device.
- Click on BIN File and locate the downloaded update file (.up file) for your model.
- Under process section select FOTA Upgrade.
- Click on Start and wait for the completion (It can take around 10-20 minutes).
- Done the Android Pie beta is now installed on your LG V30 device.
Similar process can be used to update other LG phones if you have the .up file. This will not erase data on your phone. You can also try this method for rooted phones running on latest version mentioned in notes. So this is it for LG V30 Android Pie Beta update with LG UP tool.