Android 12 is now available as a public beta for Pixel phones as well as some non-Pixel phones. We are seeing from the last few Android updates that some OEMs come forward to join the Android beta program to provide the latest Android experience to users. And in Android 12 also, some OEMs participate to bring Android 12 beta for their users. We have already shared a guide to get Android 12 on Pixel phones. And here we are going to share how to get Android 12 Beta on any Android phone.
Android 12 is one of the biggest updates with huge UI changes that will make the user experience better. If you are using Android 10 or Android 11, then also you will see a major change in the user interface. Not only UI but there are many other changes and features that make the Android OS better than ever.
Android 12 first appeared in February 2021 as a developer preview and since then it received three major developer previews. But as you know developer preview is limited to developers only and so public beta testers didn’t get to try it. But now Google has released the Android 12 public beta, which means anyone can try the Android 12 on their Android phones.
Here is the list of Android Phones eligible for Android 12 Beta:
- Asus Zenfone 8
- Pixel 3
- Pixel 3 XL
- Pixel 3a
- Pixel 3a XL
- Pixel 4
- Pixel 4 XL
- Pixel 4a
- Pixel 4a (5G)
- Pixel 5
- OnePlus 9
- OnePlus 9 Pro
- Oppo Find X3 Pro
- Realme GT 5G
- Sharp AQUOS sense5G
- Tecno Camon 17
- TCL 20 Pro 5G
- Vivo iQOO 7 Legend
- Xiaomi Mi 11
- Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra
- Xiaomi Mi 11i
- Xiaomi Mi 11X Pro
- ZTE Axon 30 Ultra 5G
So these are the eligible devices for Android 12. But there is something called GSI “Generic System Image” which allows users to experience new Android updates even if it is not officially available for the device. Yes, if you have a treble support phone with unlocked bootloader you can install Android 12 on any Android phone. But if you have a phone from the list above, then you don’t need to install GSI as you can easily apply the process officially shared by your OEM.
Here we have combined all the Android 12 beta installation guide so that you can find the steps here relevant for your device model. Let’s start with the GSI method which allows you to install Android 12 on any Android phone even if it is not in the given list.
How to Install Android 12 Beta on Android Phones (GSI)
GSI is the Generic System Image which is an image file that contains the latest Android OS. Google introduced the GSI a while ago. It is available for different types of hardware based phones like ARM64 and x86 architecture.
To use GSI you don’t need a phone which is officially eligible for the update. All you need to make sure is your phone is treble support and the bootloader is unlocked. If both requirements meet then you can enjoy the Android 12 on that phone. Google releases GSI with every update and so during the second beta you will also get the new GSI.
To install the Android 12 GSI on Android phones, you can follow steps given here.
With this guide, you can install Android 12 on Realme Narzo phones, OnePlus 8/8 Pro, OnePlus Nord and more.
How to Install Android 12 Beta on Asus Phones
Asus also partnered with Google to release Android 12 beta for Asus phones. Currently, only the Asus Zenfone 8 is eligible for Android 12 beta but in the future, we can see more Asus phones joining the party.
The Zenfone 8 is not available in many regions for now, so only a few users get to try the Android 12. But soon we may see the Zenfone 8 releasing in other markets too. If you have an Asus phone which is eligible for Android 12 beta, you can easily join the developer preview program. In the early phase, you may find some bugs so it is recommended only if you are ok with bugs.
Installing Android 12 Beta on Asus phones is fairly easy. And you don’t need to unlock the bootloader of your phone. So if you want to try Android 12 on your Asus phone then check out this guide.
How to Install Android 12 Beta on Google Pixel Phones
Google Pixel phones are the first to receive any Android update. And there is no doubt about it as both are Google products. If we talk about Android 12 then it is available for Pixel 3, Pixel 3XL, Pixel 3a, Pixel 3a XL, Pixel 4, Pixel 4 XL, Pixel 4a, Pixel 4a 5G, and Pixel 5. These Pixel phones were also eligible for Developer Preview at starting.
The best thing about the Android 12 Beta on Pixel is that upgrading your Pixel will not remove or wipe your data. And it is very simple to join for the Android 12 Beta. Once you join the Beta program, you will get OTA updates.
If you want to install Android 12 Beta on your Pixel phone, then check out this guide.
How to Install Android 12 Beta on OnePlus phones
The latest OnePlus 9 series is also eligible for Android 12 Beta. And OnePlus 8 series may also join the party soon. Last year also OnePlus partnered with Google to bring Android 11 beta for OnePlus devices. And the same we are seeing in the Android 12 Beta program. Other than Pixel, every OEM is calling the update as a developer preview. It is because this is the first build for non-Pixel phones.
The OnePlus 9 Series launched this year not a long time ago. And as usual, the latest phones get the update first. Although there aren’t all the features from stock Android 12, you will like some new features.
If you have a OnePlus phone which is eligible for the Android 12 Developer preview program, you can follow our guide. It is easy to get the latest update on OnePlus devices.
How to Install Android 12 Beta on Oppo Phones
Oppo and OnePlus phones don’t have much difference in the marketing strategy. And so most of the updates are common for Oppo and OnePlus. Just like OnePlus, Oppo also partnered with Google to provide Android 12 Beta for Oppo Find X3 Pro. You can follow the mentioned steps to install Android 12 Beta on your Oppo Phone.
- Take a full backup of your phone as it will delete all the data. Also, make sure to charge your phone to at least 50%.
- Download the correct Android 12 Beta firmware for your Oppo phone from the official link.
- After downloading the Android 12 file, copy it to the root directory (outside of every folder) on your phone.
- Now go to Settings > Software Update. Then tap on the Settings icon on the top right corner.
- After that tap on ‘select installation package’ and then choose the file you downloaded.
- Now tap on Upgrade to install Android 12 on your Oppo phone.
- Your device will start updating. After the process, restart your phone.
- That’s it, now you will see the all new Android 12 on your Oppo device.
You can also downgrade your Oppo phone to Android 11. Download the roll back files with the same link and follow the same method.
How to Install Android 12 Beta on Realme Phones
Realme also joins the list of OEMs with the Android 12 developer preview program. Yes, Realme chose the Realme GT 5G phone for the Android 12 Beta. The phone is only available in limited regions. So only some of you get to experience Android 12 on Realme GT 5G. Soon Realme may add some other phones to the list, but till then you can use the GSI method.
In case you have the Realme GT 5G and want to try Android 12 right now, then you can follow the steps given below.
- Take a full backup of your Realme device. Also, charge your phone to at least 50%.
- Download the Android 12 Beta file for your Realme phone from the official link.
- Now copy the downloaded file to the root directory of your phone (outside of every folder).
- Go to Settings > Software Update. Then tap the icon on the top right corner.
- Browse and select the Android 12 file you downloaded earlier.
- And then click on Install to start the updating process.
- Once done, restart your phone and enjoy Android 12 on your Realme phone.
That’s all you have to do for updating your Realme phone to Android 12. In case you want to downgrade your Oppo phone for some reason, you can do that too. Download the Android 11 file from the same link and install it using the same steps.
How to Install Android 12 Beta on Sharp Phones
Some of you may not know about this OEM because it’s available to limited regions. And surprisingly it also joined Google to deliver Android 12 early access to its top phones. As of now, the Android 12 developer preview is only available for AQUOS sense5G.
So if you have this phone from Sharp and want to try the new Android 12 then you can follow this guide.
- First, update your phone to the latest stable version. Take a full backup of your phone and charge your phone at least 50%. Remove any type of lock from your phone.
- Internet connection is required for this method, so connect your phone to WiFi or Mobile Internet.
- Download the Developer Preview Program app from the official website.
- Install the apk on your Sharp Aquos phone.
- Now wait for some time and it will deliver the update on your phone.
- To install the Android 12 update, open the Developer Preview app, tap on Load and then select the software.
- It will start installing the Android 12 Beta and once it’s done tap the Reboot option.
- Now you can enjoy the Android 12 on your Sharp Aquos phones.
In case if the device is not usable because of many bugs, you can roll back to Android 11. You can follow the downgrade process from the same download link given in the steps.
How to Install Android 12 Beta on Tecno Phones
Tecno is another new entry in the Android developer program. As for now, only one Tecno phone is eligible for this update just like other OEMs. We are talking about the Tecno Camon 7. The phone is available in limited regions.
Tecno phones are popular in the budget category. And this opportunity will allow more users to try the Android 12 before others. Tecno has a different process of updating which requires some drivers and tools.
If you want to experience Android 12 on tecno phones, then you can check the official download link and guide here. Also in that guide, you will find how to downgrade your Tecno phones to Android 11 if you don’t like the Android 12.
How to Install Android 12 Beta on TCL Phones
There aren’t many TCL smartphones in the market, but in recent years it gained popularity since its innovative concept for future smartphones. And to keep their status TCL also joined the Android 12 Beta program. For now, only TCL 20 Pro 5G is eligible for the Android 12 Beta program.
Android 12 Beta brings many features that are available on the Android 12 developer preview. There are some features still missing as compared to the stock Android 12 Beta. But you still get to experience many important features. Don’t worry it is just an early update and in upcoming beta updates, it will be fixed.
The Android 12 Beta installation process on TCL phones is different and a bit complex. It requires drivers and tools. And in case you have TCL 20 Pro 5G phone and want to try the Android 12 Beta, then you can check this official guide with the download link.
How to Install Android 12 Beta on Vivo Phones
Vivo is a big OEM and they have been actively participating in the Android beta program for the past many years. And now in the Android 12 Beta, Vivo is participating with the iQOO 7 Legend. But as you know Vivo phones run on Funtouch OS you may not find all the features in the first Android 12 Beta.
So if you are interested to try Android 12 Beta on Vivo phones, you can check out the steps below. Remember only Vivo iQOO 7 Legend is eligible for Android 12 Beta for now.
- First, update your phone to the latest Android version. The process will remove all the data, so take a full backup before the process. Also, charge your phone to at least 50%.
- Now download the Android 12 Beta file for your Vivo device from the official link.
- Copy the downloaded Android 12 file in the root directory of your phone (outside of all the folders).
- Now go to Settings > System Update. Tap on the Settings icon on the top right corner.
- Then tap on Local Upgrade and select the Android 12 file.
- After that click on the Update Now button to start the installation process.
- Restart your phone after the process and enjoy Android 12 beta on your Vivo phone.
In case if you find any bugs or want to downgrade for any reason, then you can also downgrade your phone. To do that you can follow the same process, but use the Android 11 file that you can download from the same link. Remember it will also wipe all the data so take a backup before the downgrade process.
How to Install Android 12 Beta on Xiaomi Phones
There is no doubt that Xiaomi is also part of the early Android 12 beta program. We are seeing Xiaomi partnering with Google from the last few Android updates. And if I talk about the eligible devices, Mi 11, Mi 11 Ultra, Mi 11i, Mi 11X Pro are currently eligible. Xiaomi may add a few more devices in the second beta.
Xiaomi phones are the best in terms of custom development. It means even if your device is not eligible you can try different custom ROMs based on the latest Android OS. And if your Xiaomi phone is eligible, you can easily flash the Android 12 file with their Xiaomi Flash tool.
If you have Mi 11 series phones which are eligible for Android 12 you can download its file from the official site. And to flash the file make sure to follow these instructions.
How to Install Android 12 Beta on ZTE Phones
ZTE is also a part of the Android 12 Beta program and currently, it is currently available for ZTE Axon 30 Ultra 5G. It is the latest flagship phone from ZTE. ZTE is an emerging smartphone brand that is trying to impress users with their budget phones. And this Android 12 beta program will help users to trust ZTE.
If you have Axon 30 Ultra 5G or any other eligible device and want to experience Android 12 Beta then follow the steps below.
- Take a full backup of your phone as it will delete all the data. Also, make sure to charge your phone to at least 50%.
- Download the Android 12 Beta file for your ZTE phone from the official download page.
- Now extract the downloaded file and you will find another update zip file.
- Copy the update zip file to the root directory of your phone (/sdcard).
- Open Settings on your phone and go to System and Update > System update > Click on the corresponding installation package > upgrade > System upgrade”.
- After the installation process, restart your phone.
- That’s all, now you can use Android 12 beta on your ZTE phone.
So, this is a detailed guide on how to get the Android 12 beta on any Android phone. For Android phones which are not eligible, you can use GSI to get Android 12 Beta. And for eligible phones use the official file mentioned in the guide.
More Android 12 Guides: