Android 12 beta is now available for Android phones including Pixel and non-Pixel phones. Luckily Asus has also stepped forward to collaborate with Google to provide Android 12 Beta in the early phase. But as you know at first the update releases to only a few devices. For now, Android 12 Beta is available for Asus Zenfone 8 (ZS590KS). And if you have an Asus phone with Android 12 Beta support. Then here’s how to install Android 12 Beta on Asus phones.
Google has been testing the Android 12 for almost four months and completed the developer preview phase. Earlier it was only available to developers. But now anyone with a supported device can try the Android 12 beta on their phones.
Android 12 comes with major UI changes and you will find the biggest change on Android 12 in many years. We haven’t seen UI change this big till now on Android. The main change is the new Material You based color accent that changes the theme and accent color according to the wallpaper you have applied. Google has also optimized widgets in Android 12.
Android 12 beta comes with fluid motion and animations. You probably know the privacy and security feature which will now show the indication of which permission is being used. It was already available in developer beta, but now in beta, you can revoke the permission in one click from quick settings. Check out more on our Android 12 article.
Download Android 12 Beta for Asus Zenfone 8
Asus Zenfone 8 runs on ZenUI 8 based Android 11. And so, you may not get to experience the pure stock Android on your phone. But you will get most of the Android 12 features. As you know it already cleared the developer preview phase so you may get a better experience not totally stable but major apps will work fine. So if you have an Asus Zenfone 8 and want to try the latest Android 12, you can download the Android 12 beta file using the link below.
Now once you have the correct Android 12 Beta file then you are good to install the update. But as this is beta you may find some bugs. Good thing is we already have the list of bugs that you can check.
- Fingerprint authentication currently not supported
- Face unlock feature currently not supported
- No haptic feedback when touching the recent key
- Battery status displayed in Settings may be inaccurate
- 3rd-party apps compatibility issues
If you are ok with known issues then you can proceed with installation. You also need some files and tools to install Android 12 so make sure to check prerequisites given below.
- Take a Full Backup of your device (Upgrading will remove all data)
- Charge your phone to at least 50%
- Remove all locks from your phone
How to Install Android 12 Beta on Asus Phones
- Turn off your Asus phone. Then hold down the Volume Up key and Power key to enter Fastboot Mode.
- Now connect your Asus Zenfone 8 to your PC via a USB cable.
- Extract the Android 12 Beta file and you will find an image file inside along with some script files.
- Flash the Android 12 image file on Zenfone 8, run mentioned scripts to flash your phone:
- Windows: Double click the update_image.bat file
- Ubuntu: Execute update_image.sh
- MacOS: Execute update_image_for_mac.sh
- Don’t disconnect your phone during the flashing process.
- You will receive a ‘Download Complete’ message once the flashing process is completed. Hit the Enter key on the keyboard to restart your Zenfone 8. If any failed message appears on the terminal, the flash was unsuccessful. In this case, please try again or report the issue here.
How to downgrade Android 12 Beta to Android 11 on Asus Phones
In case if you are done testing the Android beta or just want to revert back because of issues or the update is not usable, you can easily downgrade.
Remember that this process will delete all the data from your phone, so consider taking a full backup before the process. Also, make sure the device has enough power at least 50%. Remove all the locks from your device.
You will need a correct Android 11 file for your smartphone to downgrade your phone. Use this Android 11 file for Asus Zenfone 8.
Once you have the file follow the same steps as mentioned in the upgrade process. Yes, it’s that easy and convenient. You don’t have to use a new process to downgrade Asus phones from Android 12 to Android 11.
That’s all on how to install Android 12 Beta on Asus Zenfone 8. We will be share more Asus guides so make sure to follow us.
More on Android 12: