Note: Check the latest stories about OnePlus 9 Android 12 update at the bottom of this article.
Aside from the Pixel lineup, the Android 12 is also available for select non-pixel phones. And OnePlus is one of the first smartphone OEMs to release Android 12 update via early adopter program. The Android 12 Developer Preview Program goes live for the newly launched OnePlus 9 and 9 Pro. Although, the build is up for the developers, but if you’re in a haste and want to taste the features of Android 12, then here’s how to install Android 12 Developer Preview on OnePlus 9 and 9 Pro.
Today, OnePlus released the very first Android 12 build for the OnePlus 9 and 9 Pro. While sharing the information about the developer preview program on its community forum, the company mentions that this release has some stability issues, you can find the complete list of known bugs in the next section. PS: We didn’t recommend flashing these builds on your primary phone.
The Android 12 developer preview build measures around 3GB of size for downloading. Talking about the changes and features, then we can expect that OnePlus 9 series users can taste the new features of Android 12. The update also comes with several system optimizations, improved privacy security, along with overall improvements to the system. Before heading over to the installation section, here you can check the OnePlus 9 series Android 12 Developer Preview update known issues.
OnePlus 9 (Pro) Android 12 Developer Preview – Known Issues
- All data will be cleared while flashing the build
- Video call function is not available
- Fingerprint unlock and face unlock are unavailable
- Certain UI screens look less than desirable
- Some apps may not function as expected
- System stability issues
Download Android 12 Developer Preview Update for OnePlus 9 and 9 Pro
As it is a developer preview build, it will not be available via OTA updates, you need to manually sideload it to your smartphone. You can use the below-listed download links of Android 12 Developer Preview builds. There’s a risk of bricking the device so make sure to take a complete backup of all data. You can also revert back to the stable build. Here are the links of both Android 12 DP builds and the previous stable build.
Note: OnePlus removed the download links of Android 12 DP for both the OnePlus 9 and 9 Pro from its forum post. The company mentions “Links were removed temporarily, based on users’ feedback.” However, the links are live on the French-translated version of the forum post.
Download Android 12 Developer Preview Update for OnePlus 9 & OnePlus 9 Pro
- OnePlus 9 (Pro) Android 12 Developer Preview Download Link – OnePlus forum post
- OnePlus 9 (Pro) Android 12 Developer Preview Download Link – OnePlus forum post (French)
IMPORTANT NOTE: DON’T Update your OnePlus 9 or 9 Pro to Android 12 DP as of now, as some users reported it causing boot loop. We will update it once OnePlus post new links.
Download Android 11 Stable for OnePlus 9
Download Android 11 Stable for OnePlus 9 Pro
- Take a full backup of your phone
- Charge your phone to at least 50%
- We request you to follow the steps carefully so that you can successfully update your phone without any harm.
How to install Android 12 Developer Preview on OnePlus 9 (Pro)
- First, you need to download the Android 12 DP build from the afore-listed download links.
- Now copy the package to your phone’s storage (outside of every folder).
- Then, head over to the system settings > system updates > click on the hover icon available on the top right corner > local upgrade > select the file.
- All done, restart your device.
- That’s it.
Now you can start using your OnePlus 9 or OnePlus 9 Pro running on Android 12 developer preview update aka Beta Update. If you’re facing any issues, then you can revert back to the previous stable build, you can download the build file from the afore-listed links. That’s it.
Update: OnePlus Reopens the Android 12 Beta update
OnePlus released the Android 12 Beta just after the Google event. But due to the bootloop issues, OnePlus took down links.
But now the OnePlus resumes Android 12 beta for OnePlus 9 & OnePlus 9 Pro. Since this came after a long time, you can expect the installation without bootloop issue. But still, this is an Android 12 open beta and so you have to be careful while installing the update. Also, make sure you take a full backup before the process.
You May Also Like – Battlegrounds Mobile India System Requirements
If you’ve any queries, then you can leave a comment in the comment section. Also, share this article with your friends.
More Related Articles:
- How to Root OnePlus 8 Pro [Guide]
- Download Android 12 Wallpapers [FHD+]
- Download Google Camera for OnePlus 9 Pro