With smart TVs in everyone’s homes, it is only fair and reasonable to make the best use of them. Sure, you can install your favorite streaming apps to enjoy your movies and TV shows, connect your gaming console to play your favorite games, or simply use a plug-in streaming stick to watch more content like sports and news from other services. But, did you know that you can easily connect your smartphone to your smart TV?
In today’s guide, we will be taking a look at how you can connect your Apple iPhone to LG Smart TV. With both devices connected, you can make use of interesting features. If you are looking for a way to connect your iPhone to the LG Smart TV, this is the guide for you.
Before we take a look at the steps needed to connect your iPhone to the LG smart TV, here are a few things that you will need.
- Apple iPhone running the latest available software update
- LG Smart TV with Apple AirPlay 2 support
- Wifi Network
Apple AirPlay Supported LG Smart TVs
- LG NanoCell NANO 9, 8 series (2020)
- LG NanoCell SM 9, 8 series (2019)
- LG OLED (2018, 2019, 2020)
- LG SuperUHD SK 9, 8 series (2018)
- LG UHD UK 62 series or above, UK 7 series (2018)
- LG UHD UM 7, 6 series (2019)
- LG UHD UN 71 series or above (2020)
- LG UHD UN 8 series (2020)
How to Connect iPhone to LG Smart TV
Now that you know what is needed and what LG Smart TVs have support for Apple AirPlay 2, it is now time to follow the steps to connect your Apple iPhone to your LG Smart TV.
- First off, connect your Apple iPhone and your LG Smart TV to the same WiFi network.
- Grab the remote for your LG TV and select the AirPlay app from the home screen.
- Now, open up the Music, Photos, or Streaming app that you want to play on your LG TV.
- Tap on the AirPlay icon that you will see either at the bottom or the top corner of the app.
- Once you have tapped on the AirPlay icon, the iPhone will search for wireless displays that are AirPlay supported and are also connected to the same WiFi network.
- If you are using the service for the first time, you will be asked to enter a 4-digit code that is displayed on your LG Smart TV.
- Once the code has been entered, you can now AirPlay your content to your LG Smart TV wirelessly.
In case you have an older LG Smart TV or a model that doesn’t have support for Apple AirPlay, you might want to get yourself a Lightning to HDMI cable. With this cable, you can easily share the screen of your iPhone with your LG Smart TV by using a cable. Otherwise, you can get yourself an Apple TV Box which will let you connect your iPhone to the LG TV easily or you can get yourself a cheaper streaming stick such as the one from Roku or an Amazon FireStick.
This concludes the guide on how you can connect your Apple iPhone to your LG Smart TV wirelessly or use a Lightning to HDMI cable. This is a great way to share your documents, images, and even your iPhone’s screen easily to your LG Smart TV. With this, your LG Smart TV can turn into a projector screen right away. If you have questions or queries, feel free to leave them in the comments section below.