Apple HomeKit is a great smart manager that helps to interlink between your smart devices and your Apple products be it an iPhone, iPad, or even your macOS system. With the Apple HomeKit enabled on your devices such as a smart TV, you will be able to AirPlay and screen mirror from your Apple devices wirelessly to the display. Here is a guide on How to add LG Smart TV to HomeKit.
With Apple HomeKit, your LG Smart TV can be turned into a wireless projector provided that both your Apple device and the LG TV are connected to the same network. While some LG TVs have the feature baked right into the TV, other eligible LG Smart TVs will require an update to have access to Apple HomeKit.
Using Apple HomeKit on an LG Smart TV, you can easily make use of Apple AirPlay to play your favorite songs or videos using an iPhone or an iPad. With such features enabled, your LG Smart TV turns into a smarter device than it has already ever been. Read through this guide to know how you can add Apple HomeKit to your LG Smart TV.
LG Smart TVs with AirPlay 2 and HomeKit – Supported Devices
Not every LG Smart TV that has been released will have Apple AirPlay 2 and Apple HomeKit. For your LG Smart TV to have Apple HomeKit, your TV should be running on WebOS 4.5 on 2018 and 2019 models, and on WebOS 5.0 for 2020 models and newer.
Check for Updates
You can check for software updates on your eligible LG Smart TV by following these steps.
LG Smart TVs on WebOS 4.0 and WebOS 4.5
- Connect your TV to the WiFi network and navigate to Settings followed by All Settings and then select General.
- Select the option that says About this TV.
- Now choose the Check for Updates option.
- If an update is available select Download and Install to have the new update on your LG Smart TV.
LG Smart TVs on WebOS 5.0, 6.0 and 22
- Navigate to the Settings card on your TV and select All Settings.
- Select All Settings, followed by Support.
- Choose the Software Update option followed by Check for Updates.
- If there’s an update available, choose Download and Install to have the update applied to your LG Smart TV.
Now that your LG Smart TV is updated to the latest available version and has Apple Homekit available along with Apple AirPlay 2 you can follow these steps to add your LG TV to Apple HomeKit.
- Apple Device (iPhone / iPad)
- Appel Home App
- LG Smart TV
How to add your LG TV to HomeKit
Let’s take a look at the steps on how you can add an LG Smart TV to Apple HomeKit.
- Grab your MagicMotion LG TV remote and press the Home button.
- Using the remote, select the Smart Home dashboard on the LG TV.
- This dashboard shows you all devices that have been connected to the LG Smart TV.
- Choose the AirPlay card from the Smart Home dashboard.
- Now, select AirPlay and Apple HomeKit Settings, select the Setup Apple HomeKit option.
- The Apple HomeKit app will display a QR Code on your LG Smart TV.
- On your iPhone, launch the Apple Home app (install it if not available). All you need to do is tap on Add Accessory.
- Scan the QR Code displayed on your LG Smart TV.
- You can add the location for the LG Smart TV on the Apple Home app.
- Once you have successfully added your LG Smart TV to the Appel HomeKIt, you can easily control your LG Smart TV with your Apple device.
This is how you can Add your LG Smart TV to the Apple HomeKit. With the setup done, you can easily control the TV using Voice Commands via Siri. If you have questions or queries, feel free to leave them below in the comments.
More Related Articles: