Watching sports events is a great way to enjoy your day off after work or the weekend with your family or friends. If you are Australian, Kayo Sports is a great subscription service that you can use to stream all kinds of sporting events. No matter what the sports- Cricket, Football, Basketball, eSports – you name it all. Now, watching sports events on your big screen gives you a much better experience. So, here is our guide on how you can watch Kayo Sports on an LG Smart TV.
To watch content on Kayo Sports, you need to have a subscription. You can choose from three different plans that cost you AUS $25, $27.50, and $35 per month respectively. Once you have your desired subscription plan, you can simply download the app to your mobile devices or your Smart TVs. If you’ve got an LG Smart TV with you, this is the guide you need to follow on how to watch Kayo Sports on LG Smart TVs.
Watch Kayo Sports on LG Smart TVs
Before we take a look at how you can download and watch Kayo Sports on an LG Smart TV, you need to first see if your particular LG Smart TV model supports the Kayo Sports app.
Supported LG Smart TVs
- LG Smart TVs released in 2018 and newer
- TV should be running WebOS 4 or newer
- LG Netcast TVs are not supported and neither can you use the built-in web browser to stream Kayo Sports.
|TV Model Year||WebOS Version|
To check for the version of WebOS on your LG Smart TV, follow these steps.
- Grab the remote for your LG Smart TV and press the Settings button on it.
- Navigate to Quick Settings and select General.
- Now, select the About this TV option.
- Finally, select WebOS version.
If the WebOS TV version is WebOS 4 or newer, you can download the Kayo Sports app to your LG Smart TV. Here’s how you can download the Kayo Sports app on your LG Smart TV.
Download the Kayo Sports app on LG Smart TV
- Press the Home button on your LG Magic remote.
- Using the remote, navigate and select the App List.
- Now, select the search icon at the right and type in Kayo.
- From the search results, you should see the Kayo app.
- Select the app and then click on the install button.
- The Kayo Spots app will now be downloaded to your LG Smart TV.
- Simply go back to your TV’s home screen and launch the Kayo Sports app.
- Sign in with your account details and you can stream your sports events right away.
Watch Kayo Sports on Unsupported LG Smart TVs
If you have an LG Smart TV that no longer supports the Kayo Sports app, you can follow this method to stream Kayo Sports to your LG Smart TV using your Android or iOS device. While most Android devices will be able to easily cast to the LG Smart TV, only a number of LG Smart TVs have Apple AirPlay 2 which allows you to cast from your iPhone to the LG Smart TV.
LG TVs with Apple AirPlay 2
- LG NanoCell NANO 9, 8 series (2020)
- LG NanoCell SM 9, 8 series (2019)
- LG OLED (2018, 2019, 2020)
- LG SuperUHD SK 9, 8 series (2018)
- LG UHD UK 62 and UK 7 series + (2018)
- LG UHD UM 7, 6 series (2019)
- LG UHD UN 71 series + (2020)
- LG UHD UN 8 series (2020)
Cast from Kayo Sports app to LG Smart TV
You can follow these steps to cast the Kayo Sports app to your LG Smart TV if the app is not available on the LG Content Store or simply because you use an older LG Smart TV.
- Download the Kayo Sports app for your Android or iOS device.
- Connect your mobile device and your LG TV to the same WiFi network.
- Sign into the Kayo Sports app.
- Tap on the Cast icon that is present at the top of the app.
- You will have to choose the program that you wish to cast.
- Now, your mobile device will begin to search for wireless displays connected to the same WiFi network.
- Once you spot your LG Smart TV, tap on it.
- You can now watch Kayo Sports on your LG Smart TV using your mobile device.
Watch Kayo Sports on Non-Smart LG TV
If you are still using a basic HD TV from LG and if it has no WiFi or any smart features but just has an HDMI port, you can connect the Google Chromecast device. This device converts your basic LG TV into a smarter one. You simply need to plug it into your TV and connect it to the WiFi network. Once you have set up the Chromecast, download the Kayo Sports app on your Android or iOS device. and then cast it to your Google Chromecast device.
These are the various ways you can follow to watch and stream Kayo Sports on any type of LG TV, whether it’s a smart TV, an outdated smart TV, or maybe even a basic LG flat-screen TV, you can watch your sports programs easily. Questions or queries? Feel free to leave them in the comments section below.