Smart TVs have come a long way. Back then you would be able to use the TV to simply watch TV Channels from your cable network connection. But now, you can connect to the internet, install and stream your favorite services and above all use it as an external display. With a lot of features and technology heading over to Smart TVs, the overall viewing experience simply gets better and better. In the case of Smart TVs from LG, the newer TVs finally have Apple AirPlay 2 enabled right off the box. To know how to make use of the Apple AirPlay on your LG Smart TV, follow this guide.
Apple AirPlay is a feature that lets you stream content from any iOS device to the Smart TV. You can share audio, video, and even photos to the TV. As a matter of fact, with Apple AirPlay, you will be able to screen mirror and even cast your iOS device to the without the need of having to download any apps or make use of any cables. You need to note that only TVs launched in 2018 and later have Apple AirPlay built-in to the TVs. This guide will let you know what LG TVs have Apple AirPlay as well as how you can use it with your iOS devices.
Apple AirPlay compatible LG Smart TVs
- LG NanoCell NANO 9, 8 series (2020)
- LG NanoCell SM 9, 8 series (2019)
- LG OLED (2018, 2019, 2020)
- LG SuperUHD SK 9, 8 series (2018)
- LG UHD UK 62 series and above, UK 7 series (2018)
- LG UHD UM 7, 6 series (2019)
- LG UHD UN 71 series or above (2020)
- LG UHD UN 8 series (2020)
The LG Smart TV should be running at least webOS 4.0 or newer to take advantage of the Apple AirPlay features.
How to enable AirPlay on an LG Smart TV
- Power up the LG Smart TV and connect it to a WiFi network.
- Grab the TV remote and press the Home button. This will launch the Home dashboard.
- Navigate through the menu and select the AirPlay menu.
- The AirPlay settings menu will now show up on the screen.
- Select AirPlay from the right-hand side and make sure to turn the feature on.
- You can also choose to enter the code only during the first time, or every time a device wants to connect to your LG Smart TV.
- And that is how you enable AirPlay on your supported LG Smart TV.
How to connect iOS Device to LG Smart TV via Apple AirPlay
- First, connect your iOS device and your LG Smart TV to the same WiFi network.
- Now, on your iOS device browse for the photo or video that you wish to share with your LG Smart TV.
- When you see the AirPlay icon, tap on it.
- Now the iOS device will begin to search for AirPlay-enabled devices.
- When your LG Smart TV shows up in the list, tap on it.
- You will be able to share photos or videos on your LG Smart TV.
- Apart from that, you can also stream audio to the LG Smart TV.
- All you need to do is launch your music streaming app and tap on the AirPlay icon.
This is how you can make use of the Apple AirPlay feature on your compatible LG Smart TV. With this feature, screen mirroring and even casting to the LG Smart TV will be simple, and the setup will be super quick. If you have any queries or doubts, feel free to drop them in the comments below.