Apple announced the iPhone 15 lineup to the world and everyone seemed to love the new lineup. However, the main stars of the showcase were the Pro models from the iPhone 15 lineup. The iPhone 15 Pro and 15 Pro Max are the only devices that have the most sensible and useful upgrades when you compare them to the basic iPhone 15 and iPhone 15 Plus.
Apart from the newer A17 Pro chip, better cameras, and even better overall build, the iPhone 15 Pro models now come with an Action Button. Yes, the good old alert slider has lost its space on the iPhone 15 Pro models and will soon not be a thing on the base models of the phones released next year. Now, let’s take a look at the Action button, what it is, and how you can customize it.
As we saw during the Wonderlust presentation, the iPhone 15 Pro and the iPhone 15 Pro Max now have a brand new Action Button. Apple has stated that this Action Button on the Pro Models can be used to act on the eight available action options that you can choose.
If you are simply worried that the button may get pressed by mistake, you can set the action button in the iPhone 15 Pro models to do nothing.
How to Customize the Action Button on iPhone 15 Pro
The Action Button on the iPhone 15 Pro models has the mute or silence action setup as default. You can keep the mute or unmute functionality with a long press and simply set a new function for a short press.
While the default is the silence and unmute option, you can easily change the actions. Follow these steps to customize the Action Button.
- Launch the Settings on your iPhone 15 Pro and iPhone 15 Pro Max.
- Now, tap on the Action Button option from the Settings menu.
- You will now see the side of the iPhone on your screen that has the Action button displayed. To change the action, you simply need to swipe left to browse and set the action of your choice.
- Few actions may have additional options. You can identify if the action has more options by the up and down arrows that will be displayed right below the action on your screen.
Here is a list of all the available action button options that you can choose from.
- Silent Mode – Quickly Turn Silent Mode on or off
- Focus Mode – Turn specific Focus on or off.
- Camera – Launch the camera app instantly.
- Flashlight – Switch the Flashlight on or off.
- Voice Memo – Quick action to start or end a voice memo recording.
- Magnifier – Launches the Magnify app right away.
- Shortcut – You can set up your own shortcut here for any app and any option.
- Accessibility – Instant access to the Accessibility menu.
- No Action – You can let the action button not do anything when it gets pressed.
Apple has also stated that there will soon be a new option added to the list of actions. The Translate feature will be available during the remainder of the year for the iPhone 15 and iPhone 15 Pro devices. With this action, you will be able to launch the translation app at any time and on any screen. A very useful feature for those who might not be able to converse in a language that they are not familiar with.
This concludes the guide on everything you need to know about the all-new Action Button present exclusively on the iPhone 15 Pro and 15 Pro Max models. The action button is a great feature that has been created for the iPhone.
Devices from Samsung and a select number of other Android OEMs have already a similar button that you could customize to perform various functions. Will the Action Button trickle down to the base model iPhones? We’ll get to see all of it during next year’s Apple event that will be held in September.
- How to Setup eSIM on iPhone 15 and 15 Pro
- Protect Your Eyes with Screen Distance Feature on iPhone
- Does the iPhone 15 have an Action Button?
- How to Set Up and Use Personal Voice on iPhone [iOS 17]
- How to Set up and Customize Contact Posters on iPhone [iOS 17]
- How to Use Standby Mode on iPhone [iOS 17]