Last year Xiaomi released Mi CC9 series phones with mid-range Snapdragon 710 processor. The phone comes with some great specs such as Triple rear camera setup and full view display that has a dewdrop notch. The performance of the phone is undoubtedly great but the only missing thing is Android 10 OS. But if you are willing to try custom ROMs then you can get Android 10 easily. The unofficial LineageOS 17 based on Android 10 is now available for Mi CC9 & Mi CC9 Lite. Here you get to Download LineageOS 17 for Mi CC9 and Mi CC9 Lite smartphones.
Mi CC9 phones were launched last year with the Android 9 operating system but since the Android 10 is available why not upgrade? Mi CC9 is still left to receive an official Android 10 update but if you want to experience Android 10, you can do it easily. Here comes the role of custom ROMs like LineageOS. LineageOS is a popular custom ROM for Android devices and its latest version LineageOS 17 based on Android 10. So if you install LineageOS 17 on Mi CC9 you will get Android 10 experience.
LineageOS 17 is a complete package of Android 10 with Additional customization options like notification UI change and more. LineageOS is the favorite ROM for many users because it is stable, looks similar to Stock and better performance. And if you are one of the users who like to try Custom ROMs then you should try LineageOS 17 on your Mi CC9.
LineageOS 17 for Mi CC9 & Mi CC9 Lite
LineageOS 17 is the latest version of project LineageOS which is a custom ROM and it is available for many Android phones. And luckily the ROM is also available for MI CC9 devices, so if you are looking for the best custom ROM for Mi CC9 then you should give it a shot on LineageOS 17. As nowadays installing a custom ROM is much easier than before where you only need a custom Recovery. But earlier we had to first root our device but now this is not the case anymore. below you can find the download links for the LineageOS 17.
Download LineageOS 17 for Mi CC9
Thanks to one of the recognized developer coderzs for the LineageOS 17. It is an unofficial build of the LineageOS and it means the official version is not for far. You will also get the stable official version in a month or two. And even the unofficial build is stable as there is no major known bugs so you can expect a good experience on this ROM. All thanks to the developer for the awesome ROM, below you will find the link where you will get the latest available LineageOS ROM.
- LineageOS 17 for Mi CC9 Lite – Download
- LineageOS 17 for Mi CC9 – Not Available
- Android 10 GApps – Download
Once you have downloaded the ROM you can install it on your phone by following the below guide. It is similar to installing other custom ROMs, so if you have installed any ROM earlier then you can install it with the same method. But if you are new to this then make sure to follow the full guide. Also, make sure to go through the requirements.
- Take a full backup of your phone
- The bootloader must be unlocked (guide)
- Install TWRP recovery on Mi CC9 Phone
- Download Android 10 GApps (use the above given link)
Must Read | Download Google Camera 6.1 for Xiaomi Devices [Latest APK]
How to Install LineageOS 17 on Mi CC9 Lite
If you have ever installed a custom ROM on your phone then you can easily install it without the guide. But if you are going to install the ROM for the first time then go through the below process and you will be able to easily install Android 10 on Mi CC9 phone.
- As mentioned in requirement make sure to take a backup of important data from your phone. It will help to restore data if anything goes out of the plan.
- Completely power off your phone.
- Now press & hold Volume Down + Power button together to boot Mi CC9 into TWRP Recovery.
- Release both buttons when you see the TWRP logo on your phone.
- In TWRP Recovery, go to Wipe > Format Data. Then enter ‘yes’ to format it.
- Connect your phone to PC and copy the download LineageOS 17 ROM zip & GApps zip file to your phone.
- Now click on the Install tab and locate the LineageOS 17 ROM zip file.
- Flash the ROM by swiping the slider to the right.
- It will take time to install the Android 10 based LineageOS 17 ROM on Mi CC9, so wait for its completion.
- After flashing the Android 10 ROM, go back to TWRP home and again Reboot to Recovery (go to Reboot Recovery).
- Now flash the Android 10 GApps with a similar process as flashing the ROM. This is optional, install it if you want Google services like Play Store.
- Then go to Reboot > System.
- Setup your device and enjoy Android 10 on your Mi CC9 phone.
You will now have access to many advanced settings that you don’t have by default. LineageOS 17 will also improve the battery performance as it is not bloated and most important there will be no ads while using the phone. You will get the LineageOS updates on your phone and you can install it from Recovery without losing any data.
You May Also Like | Download Xiaomi Mi Flash Tool for Windows [32 & 64 bit] (All Versions)
Other than LineageOS ROM you can try Pixel Experience ROM which is one of my favorite because of clean and stock experience. In case if you get any error while installing the custom ROM on your phone, then let us know in the comment section.