The Pixel 3 camera is one of the best camera apps in every aspect. And the best part of the Google Camera app is that it is available for almost every Xiaomi smartphone. Recently the company has rolled out a new Google Camera 6.3 update with the release of Android 10, which is also available for some devices. But, the earlier version of GCam 6.1 is still doing good, yes, it has a Night Sight, Portrait mode, Lens Blue, and other features. And the developers have already ported the Pixel 3 Camera app for various Xiaomi devices. So, Here you can Download Google Camera 6.1 for Xiaomi Devices [for all the Xiaomi smartphones].
There are only a few budget smartphones which come with a sport of the Google Camera app. But the Xiaomi smartphones are the exception. Yes, almost every new Xiaomi smartphone has a builtin camera2 API sport, which allows you to install the GCam on the device. The Google Camera 6.1 apk is available for Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 & 7 Pro, Mi A1/A2, Mi 8/9/9 SE, Mi 9T, Xiaomi CC9, Redmi Note 4 and some other phones as well.
The most anticipated feature of the new GCam 6.1 app is the night sight mode and luckily it works perfectly fine without any issues. Other than that, Google Camera brings Photo Sphere, Slow Motion, Playground (AR Stickers), RAW support, HDR+ mode, Panorama, Lens Blur, Portrait mode (with Focus Slider), Google Lens mode & few more. And almost every feature is working fine. All thanks to BSG, Arnova8G2, & Xtreme, who have ported the Pixel 3 camera app for Xiaomi smartphones. So, Here’s the step by step guide on how to Download & Install Google Camera for Redmi Note 7s/7/7 Pro, Mi A1/A2/A2 Lite, Redmi K20 & K20 Pro, Mi 9T, Note 7S, Mi 8/9 & 9 SE, and Pocophone F1.
Note: The new Gcam Mod 6.1 from Pixel 3 (XL) is available for the Xiaomi or Redmi devices, running on Android Oreo or Android Pie 9.0. If you’ve not updated to Android Oreo or Pie, then you can try installing the older GCam version on your smartphone.
Before Downloading the Gcam Mod 6.1, Check our Detailed Guide on Google Camera with its Features & Use
Download Google Camera for Redmi Note 7s, Mi A1/A2, Mi 8/9/9T, & Note 4/5/6 (Pro)
One of the best things about the Xiaomi phones are the cameras and time to time software updates. Yes, almost all the Xiaomi devices are running on the MIUI 10 based Android Pie 9.0 with Camera2 API enabled. We would also list the guide to enable the Camera2 API without rooting the device in the below section. We also attach the ported pixel 3 camera app for some other Redmi phones. Not all the apps have ported by a single developer. Download the app accordingly for your phone:
- Download Google Camera 6.1 for Redmi Note 7S (GCam_6.2.030_N7P_test1.2.apk)
- Download Google Camera 6.2 for Redmi Note 6 (Pro) (MGC_6.1.021_MI8_V2e.apk)
- Download GCam Mod for Mi A1 & Mi A2 (MGC_6.1.021_MI8_V2e.apk)
- Download GCam 6.2 for Mi 8 & 9 (MGC_6.1.021_Arnova_xcam_mi9_v8.apk)
- Download GCam Mod for Xiaomi CC9(MGC_6_1_021_xcam6_beta11.apk)
- Download Google Camera for Mi A3
- Download Google Camera for Redmi Note 5 (Pro)
- Download GCam 6.1 & 6.2 for Redmi Note 7 & 7 Pro
- Download Google Camera 6.1 for Redmi K20 (Pro)
Note: For Mi A1/A2, Redmi Note 5 (Pro), and Redmi Note 6 (Pro), you need to enable the Camera2 API. We have already shared a simple step by step guide to enable Camera2 API on all these devices, you can search it on our website or follow the link that we’ve list in the end of this article.
After installing the GCam on your smartphone, you need to apply some settings in the camera app for the better performance.
Here are the settings, which makes the Pixel 3 camera app smoother on your Xiaomi device.
- Open the Google Camera app > More > Settings > HDR+ Enhanced Auto White Balance from Pixel 2 & 3 > Turn off this option.
- Again Open the Google Camera app > More > Settings > Advanced > Base > Config > Pixel 2018 ZslR Hdr+.
- Under Advanced > Base > Front Camera > Nexus 6P.
- Download Config Settings, which save the recommended settings.
- Once downloaded, you can extract it using ES file explorer on the root storage.
- Create a new folder named GCam in the root folder and then open GCam folder and make a Configsfolder.
- Then, copy the config (Mi89TSettingYTECHB.xml) file in /Internal Storage/GCam/Configs/ (folder).
- Open Google Camera and double tap on the black blank area placed next to the shutter button.
- Tap on the settings shown (with Mi89TSettingYTECHB.xml), available in the popup & press the restore button.
- Go back to the app drawer and then open the app again.
For MGC_6.1.021_MI8_V2e.apk & GCam_6.2.030_N7P_test1.2.apk
- Go to Camera app settings > BSG Mod settings > Input Model > change Config to Pixel2018 ZsIR HDR+.
- Go to Camera app settings > BSG Mod settings > Input Model > Interface style to Pixel 2 and Back & Front Camera to Pixel 3 XL.
- Enable HDR+ Enhanced in Portrait Mode.
You May Need These Guides:
- How to Enable Camera2 API on Redmi Note 6 Pro
- How to Enable Camera2 API on Mi A2
- Guide on Google Camera: with Features & Use
- Download Google Camera 6.3 APK
What’s New in the new Google Camera 6.1:
- All-new UI
- Night Sight
- Photo Sphere
- RAW support
- HDR+ mode
- Playground (AR Stickers)
- Lens Blur
- Dirty Lens Warning
- 4K Video Recording @30 fps (Depends on the device)
Note: Before Installing the new Gcam Mod ported app, make sure to delete the older version (if you’ve installed).
How to Install Google Camera on Xiaomi Devices
- At first, download the GCam accordingly for your smartphone from the above link.
- After downloading the app, simply head over to the downloads folder or install the app using any file manager like FilesGo.
- Then, Open the app & grant the needed permissions like Camera, Microphone, Storage, and Location.
- That’s it.
So, Capture the beautiful moments of your life with Google Camera with your redmi smartphone.
You May Also Like | 10 Best MIUI Themes for Xiaomi Phones
Still any questions in mind? Let’s take a dig at the FAQ!
What is Google Camera?
Google Camera is a mobile application, which helps you in capturing amazing pictures directly from your smartphone. This is only possible with some software implementations, which uses Artificial Intelligence to make pictures more realistic.
Is Camera2 API is enabled on the Xiaomi Devices?
Yes, the Camera2 API is enabled on almost every new smartphone like Redmi Note 7 & 7 Pro, Redmi K20 & K20 Pro, Mi A3. While it is not enabled on some other phones like Mi A1/A2, Redmi Note 5 Pro & a few more. But you can enable the Camera2 API by unlocking the bootloader with the help of TWRP recovery.
How to Install Google Camera on your Xiaomi smartphone?
At first, Download the Google Camera app. Then. Install it on your smartphone. Now, Open the app and apply the recommended settings.
Can I Install GCam without Rooting on Redmi phones?
Yes, you can install the GCam mod port on any Redmi phone without rooting the device.
If you’ve any error, drop a comment down in the comment section. Also, share this article with your friends.
Related Articles to Xiaomi:
- How to Disable Ads on MIUI 10 [Completely]
- How to Enable Dark Mode on MIUI 10
- Download Redmi Note 8 Pro Wallpapers