The Android 10 era has started and already some of the flagship phones got the update such as Pixel series, OnePlus 7 Pro, Redmi K20 Pro, OnePlus 7, Essential Phone. Other remaining flagship-level phones will get the update soon. But for a mid-range phone and low budget phones like Redmi Note 7 will take very long to receive the update. So to give the Android 10 experience for Redmi Note 7 users the LineageOS is now available. Here you can Download LineageOS 17 for Redmi Note 7.
This is a real surprise that LineageOS 17 is available for Redmi Note 7 before the pro version. But it is also great to see that developers are active and we could also see the official LineageOS 17 very soon. The LineageOS ROM comes with clean UI which is close to stock. As this is the early build ROM based on Android 10 so there will be bugs which is totally acceptable for the first build. Many users have shared their experience and the result is amazing everyone found the ROM smooth. Although if you can not face some bugs don’t install it now, wait for some time.
You May Also Like | How to Change Boot Animation on Redmi Note 7 (Pro)
LineageOS 17 is based on Android 10 and its unofficial version is now available for few phones. As it is based on Android 10 or Android Q, the features are also from the latest Android 10 version. Here we will list the working and not working features which will help you to decide whether you install the LineageOS 17 or not.
All thanks to letsmakecakes (Senior Member, XDA) for sharing the great development work.
- RIL (Calls, SMS,)
- Double-tap to wake
- Encryption in Recovery
Download LineageOS 17 for Redmi Note 7
LineageOS and Pixel Experience ROM is among the top priorities of users. The reason is its performance and time to time update. If you have ever used a custom ROM on Android phone then you already know that a zip file is required to install a custom ROM. So download the zip file using the below official download link.
After downloading the flashable LineageOS zip file you can easily install it on your phone. Just follow the install guide and you can install the LineageOS ROM in a few minutes. Let’s now start the installation guide.
How to Install LineageOS 17 on Redmi Note 7
This is the first Android 10 Custom ROM for Redmi Note 7 and due to various reasons, the installation is bit different. Also with updates, the installation procedure can change. Follow the instructions carefully and you will be able to experience Android 10 in just a few minutes. First, make sure to follow prerequisites.
- Bootloader should be unlocked (Guide Here)
- Install OrangeFox Custom Recovery (Only this recovery will work)
- Charge your phone to at least 50%
- Take a full backup of data (This will erase all the data)
Steps to Install LineageOS 17
- Make sure that the OrangeFox recovery is installed.
- Download the LineageOS 17 ROM and GApps file (Working GApps are available in OnePlus 6 Telegram group).
- Transfer both ROM and GApps on your phone.
- Completely turn off your phone. And then boot the phone into OrangeFox Recovery.
- Go to Install and locate the LineageOS 17 ROM file. Then flash the ROM.
- After flashing the ROM, again go to Install. This time locate the GApps file and flash it.
- After flashing ROM and GApps you are good to go.
- Now Reboot your phone to the System and enjoy the latest Android 10 on Redmi Note 7.
So there you have it the download link of LineageOS 17 for Redmi Note 7. While installing or downloading if you go through any error then you can comment below describing the error. We will surely help you to fix the error. Also, share your Android 10 experience with us. Enjoy.
- How to Root Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 with Magisk and TWRP
- Download & Install LineageOS 16.0 ROM on Redmi Note 7 [Android Pie]
- Download & Install LineageOS 16.0 on Redmi Note 7 Pro (Official)